ONCE UPON A PLACE – THE LAUREATE STORY TOUR 2014-2016
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR PROJECTS / EVENTS WITH EOIN COLFER, LAUREATE NA NÓG –
Submission Window June 2014
Throughout the month of June, we are inviting individuals and organisations to submit proposals for projects involving Laureate na nÓg Eoin Colfer. As Laureate, Eoin will be focussing on a small number of themes and projects, initiated by himself and/or in collaboration with others.
The Laureate na nÓg project has five key aims:
1. To introduce high quality children’s literature to a new audience of adults, children and young people.
2. To raise the profile of children’s literature in Ireland.
3. To increase media attention for children’s literature in Ireland and internationally.
4. To bring children’s literature into the mainstream conversation about books and literature in Ireland.
5. To build partnership and cooperation among various players in the children’s literature sector.
Eoin has identified two further themes as Laureate under the title ONCE UPON A PLACE:
• A nationwide tour of story and storytelling in areas that might not otherwise have visiting authors and storytellers
• Special storytelling events in fantastic and unusual places