What are you’re favorite quotes and sayings
Mine?
“If i only had an enemy, bigger then my apathy i would’ve won”
-Mumford and Sons

“There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness”
-Josh Billings

and some of my personal quotes:
“My back is itching for that knife you’ve usually acquainted it with by now”

“Happiness will come and go and therefore should never be chased, but fulfillment is an acquirable goal that every man should strive for”

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

My favourite quote has been the same for years, and is from Smashing Pumpkins’ song Tonight Tonight: “Believe that lives can change, that you’re not stuck in vain.” It’s simple, but it was always helpful to me.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

“I don’t like lollipops.” i think we all know who said this.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

“And I know I’m not your average ‘cool guy,’ but if we could just sit and talk for a while….”- The Stalker (Hunter Valantine). The song itself is great, and that line has just always stuck out to me.

Gang member/patient: “You know something, you’re a real jerk.”
Fiscus: “No, actually, I’m Lithuanian.”
-St. Elsewhere.

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

“Confidence is ignorance. If you’re feeling cocky, it’s because there’s something you don’t know.”
“The problem is that I know the textbook answers to any question you care to ask.”
“A genius. A criminal mastermind. A millionaire. And he is only twelve years old.”
      -Eoin Colfer Artemis Fowl Series
“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
“And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
“Over the field rang his clear voice calling: ‘Death! Ride, ride to ruin and the world’s ending!”
      -J.R.R. Tolkien Lord of the Rings
“Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business. Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git. Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor. Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball.”
“You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.”
“I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret…”
“Killing rips the soul apart.”
“You’re just as sane as I am.”
“There are all kinds of courage,’ said Dumbledore, smiling. ‘It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
“Turn to page three hundred and ninety-four.”
“You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!”
“Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.”
“Give her hell from us, Peeves.” And Peeves, whom Harry had never seen take an order from a student before, swept his belled hat from his head and sprang to a salute as Fred and George wheeled about to tumultuous applause from the students below and sped out of the open front doors into the glorious sunset.
      -J.K. Rowling Harry Potter Series
“I am in your world.’ said Aslan. ‘But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”
“This is the land of Narnia,’ said the Faun, ‘where we are now; all that lies between the lamp-post and the great castle of Cair Paravel on the eastern sea.”
“Though under earth, and throneless now I be. Yet while I lived all earth was under me.”
      -C.S. Lewis Chronicles of Narnia
“I love you, if you get yourself killed, I will never forgive you.”
“Never break a promise to an animal. They’re like babies—they won’t understand.”
“Libraries are places where the damaged go to find friends”
“Books are still the main yardstick by which I measure true wealth.”
“As long as there’s life, there’s hope.”
      -Tamora Pierce

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I’m about 3 months late from the last posting in this thread, but nonetheless I will share a few of my favorite quotes.

“The world is easy to see in black and white, but gray? I don’t know what to do with gray.” -Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect)

“Be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel.” -Anonymous

“May you be in heaven thirty minutes before the devil knows you’re dead.”

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

stefanlover12 - 03 November 2013 04:27 AM

“Be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel.” -Anonymous

Sounds like a line from The Crucible. I don’t remember the exact quote (and I don’t have the book), but it was something like “and a few hours before the devil’s fall from heaven, god saw him as beautiful” or something like that. It was said by Reverend Hale, I remember that much.