Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Manga/Anime

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Okay, I know I keep saying that I gave up both manga and anime, but….There’s just one. And its spin-off….
Anywho, people liked this topic at the old site, so here you go.

By the way, I know Oomuroke isn’t very far along, and thus doesn’t have very many avid readers, but to anyone who reads it (and I recomend you do, it’s so amazing!): Who do you think is Nadeshiko’s girlfriend? I’m rooting for Megumi with all my heart!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

SOA, anyone?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Farengar - 30 September 2012 10:16 PM

What is SOA? )_) AVERT YOUR EYES!!! Smiley

Sword Art Online. It was very clean in terms of content too, up until a more recent episode. -_-’ That wasn’t too bad, but it wasn’t necessary.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 01 October 2012 01:32 AM

It was very clean in terms of content too, up until a more recent episode. -_-’ That wasn’t too bad, but it wasn’t necessary.

....I don’t think I’ve ever watched a completely clean anime….I guess Yuru Yuri is clean enough if you ignore Chitose’s fantasies XD (She’s a perv, it’s great XD) As for mangas, Oomuroke seems like it’ll be fairly clean.

Speaking of Oomuroke….I hear there’s supposed to be a new chapter released tomorrow, but I’m not so sure about it. Ideally it was supposed to be out last week :/ My heart is starting to die a little from antisipation and the sheer hope that it will soon be revealed that Nadeshiko is dating Megumi (even though I know the signs all point to it being Ai T.T)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 01 October 2012 02:11 AM
David Auteur - 01 October 2012 01:32 AM

It was very clean in terms of content too, up until a more recent episode. -_-’ That wasn’t too bad, but it wasn’t necessary.

....I don’t think I’ve ever watched a completely clean anime….I guess Yuru Yuri is clean enough if you ignore Chitose’s fantasies XD (She’s a perv, it’s great XD) As for mangas, Oomuroke seems like it’ll be fairly clean.

Speaking of Oomuroke….I hear there’s supposed to be a new chapter released tomorrow, but I’m not so sure about it. Ideally it was supposed to be out last week :/ My heart is starting to die a little from antisipation and the sheer hope that it will soon be revealed that Nadeshiko is dating Megumi (even though I know the signs all point to it being Ai T.T)

There are many clean anime. raspberry Megaman, for one. I used to be a big fan when I was little.

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2012-08-09

PM

Death Note lol I’ve been rereading that series for forever. . . But I also like Battle Royale. Violence raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

XZero - 01 October 2012 10:23 PM

Death Note lol I’ve been rereading that series for forever. . . But I also like Battle Royale. Violence raspberry

(You should read my Death Note fan fics ;D Self promotion!)
If you like violence then you’d like Higurashi.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Farengar - 03 October 2012 01:39 AM

Trinity Blood is a fairly clean anime, but it has lots of vampire killing and blood… MU-AH-AAA-HAAA

If you like vampires then you should try Hellsing. I think I was about your age when I started it, and I LOVED it. I was obsessed with Sir Integra and Rip Van Winkle, and I’m not even sure why (they’re not really my type), but OH MY GOD THEY’RE SO HORRIBLY AMAZING! Well, Rip is. Sir Integra was a good person (Rip was a horrible creature -.-) But it’s great, really. I would link my favourite AMV of it, but I might get in trouble. So, look it up on your own time and I’m saying now that I don’t encourage it if you don’t handle blood very well: Hellsing AMV- You Spin Me Round. Look it up some time.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

^.^” I read Hellsing, but I unfortunately didn’t like it so much. There was just killing and killing and killing and killing. It’s not so much the violence (Yay for manga being in black and white?) but more like nothing happening in the plot.

._.” Still need to finish Fruits Basket.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

15bubbles - 05 October 2012 05:08 AM

^.^” I read Hellsing, but I unfortunately didn’t like it so much. There was just killing and killing and killing and killing. It’s not so much the violence (Yay for manga being in black and white?) but more like nothing happening in the plot.

Well, you’re read/watched both Death Note and Higurashi, too, right? Death Note has a ton of plot (oddly enough, I feel like it had potential to be MORE complex, like they could have taken it a few steps further, but that’s probably just because I constantly need something to hold my attention [*has been getting in trouble in French class for reading books for English, doing math homework, folding, and taking notes all at once XD* {the teacher just don’t believe how easy it is to multitask when she’s being so boring}]. Higurashi had a questionable “plot.” I learned a lot from it, at least (don’t be so paranoid and you can never know if you’ve made the “right” choice unless you’re a god that can go between possible worlds and see how both unfold).
(Each time I said ‘plot’ I giggled a little XD)

Oh, and I just remembered: Speaking of no plot, a couple years back I tried watching School Days because everyone said it was a lot like Higurashi. No. NO. It was SO boring. Evidently the “violence” doesn’t come until episode after episode after episode of terrible material. I couldn’t even get that far, it was starting to depress me how bad it was.

Edit 10/28:
IT’S HIGURASHI TIME KIDDOS! Practicly Halloween, I’m so excited, I’ve been on a Higurashi binge! It’s not as violent as I remember it being, but I do remember thinking that there could have been more violence the first time I watched it….Whatever, it’s great for Halloween!

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

As I type this, I’m watching Fairy Tail <3 I love Happy (the little flying blue cat, for anyone that hasn’t seen it). My bf keeps buying my Happy things. Sooooo many Happys in our room now ^^

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I’ve been thinking of reading/watching Umineko. I know, I know, I keep saying that I’m not into manga/anime anymore, BUT IT’S BY THE SAME GUY AS HIGURASHI SO I MUST!!!!
Anywho, anyone read/watched it? Is it worth it?

Edit: Okay, I watched it a little over a week ago and I can’t believe I didn’t edit this post sooner to totally fan-girl over it, because IT’S SO AWESOME OH MY GOD IT’S GREAT AND AMAZING AND WONDERFUL AND I’VE BEEN TRYING TO READ THE MANGA BUT I KEEP GETTING DISTRACTED T.T Distracted by things like Highschool of the Dead WHICH IS TOTALLY AWESOME TOO!!!!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

anyone watch kuroshitsuji? (also known as black butler)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 30 November 2012 11:35 AM

anyone watch kuroshitsuji? (also known as black butler)

I watched a few episodes, then got bored. I need comedy or action or violence, and Kuroshitsuji just didn’t have enough of any of those XP Know what has all of them, though?: HIGURASHI: NO NAKU KORO NI! I watched it years ago and still am in love with it. And, ugh, I really do wish I had time to read Umineko: No Naku Koro Ni, because it’s even more beautiful in my opinion T.T