Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Best Book You Have Ever Read (Not By EC)

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

(Original by MulchDiggumsRox66. I’m trying to find old popular topics and throw them here so that it’s less empty.)
One of my favourite (non-EC) books is Another Note (The L.A. B.B. Murder Cases). It was based off Death Note (the manga/anime), but that’s not why I liked it. It was fast-paced, and had a lot of thought put into it. The person who wrote it had to be a real genius to figure out the situations.
But my all time favourites (other than ones written by Eoin Colfer) were ones written by Dr. Seuss, because they rhym like a boss XD

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-07-13

PM

the Warrior Heir by cinda williams chima
it is a trilogy but i like the first one the best it has been compared to the hungar games

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I know some of you guys may be sick of me talking about him, but I can’t seem to help it…
You can listen to him reading the first chapter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vFvbfn9Fs

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas takes the cake for the novels I’ve read (though I’m torn with Sherlock Holmes… nearly a tie), although I haven’t read the unabridged version. It’s a sad story, but fantastically written. If it were in the more modern style, I wouldn’t like it so much, methinks.

In the case of manga, I’m currently hyped about Detective Conan [jp] / Case Closed [en]. I’ve purchased about 42 volumes.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

WhatsHerName - 14 July 2012 11:49 AM

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I know some of you guys may be sick of me talking about him

His stuff is too lovey-dovey for me. I think he’s really good at writing, though, he just doesn’t write my genre (totally blanked on how to spell that for a few minutes XD) of choice.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld, for sure.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

The Divergent series by Veronica Roth and The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan :D

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

difficult… i liked harry potter of course, but as soon as i saw AF i put him aside. right now i am reading: miss peregrine’s home for peculiar children. its sorta scary if your reading it at night( to me im a scardy cat). but it is really cool. i heard that skullduggery is nice though i have never read it. i have a kindle, and almost all the books on it are by mr.colfer (only one isnt raspberry)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 16 July 2012 07:56 AM

right now i am reading: miss peregrine’s home for peculiar children.

I knew a girl who read that and she said it was really good. She showed me some of the pictures and it looked awesome. I just can’t get it because whatever money I have I have to use to buy my honours homework book for school. It sucks that they make us do homework over the summer. Maybe ext year I’ll just take regular courses and get As nice and easy XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 13 July 2012 11:28 PM

(Original by MulchDiggumsRox66. I’m trying to find old popular topics and throw them here so that it’s less empty.)
One of my favourite (non-EC) books is Another Note (The L.A. B.B. Murder Cases). It was based off Death Note (the manga/anime), but that’s not why I liked it. It was fast-paced, and had a lot of thought put into it. The person who wrote it had to be a real genius to figure out the situations.
But my all time favourites (other than ones written by Eoin Colfer) were ones written by Dr. Seuss, because they rhym like a boss XD

that death note book is a graphic novel or something right? and are those books you just talk about fantasy or mystery? i hope its both!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 16 July 2012 06:35 PM

(1)that death note book is a graphic novel or something right?
(2)and are those books you just talk about fantasy or mystery? i hope its both!

1. No. Death Note it’s self is a manga, but Another Note is a straight-up book.
2. Another Note?: Neither. Well, I guess it’s supposed to sort of be a mystery, but I was reading B stuff before I was able to actually get the book, so I already knew it.

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

littlems.fowl - 14 July 2012 05:17 PM
WhatsHerName - 14 July 2012 11:49 AM

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I know some of you guys may be sick of me talking about him

His stuff is too lovey-dovey for me. I think he’s really good at writing, though, he just doesn’t write my genre (totally blanked on how to spell that for a few minutes XD) of choice.

Ouch LMF you should really read the book before you say that ... :|
But no offense, primarily because I like you XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

WhatsHerName - 17 July 2012 09:08 AM

Ouch LMF you should really read the book before you say that ... :|

You’re right, I only got partway through that particular book by him, because it just seemed….emotional. I sound like such a terrible person, but emotion isn’t my style. And calling something “lovey-dovey” isn’t meant to insult it, just describe the style. Most lovey-dovey books are the ones people go for (Twilight, for example).

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-24

PM

There are a lot good book I’ve ever read. But the best which is not from EC was “The Hungergames”-trilogy from Suzanne Collins. Harry Potter and the Inkheart-trilogy from Cornelia Funke are also very good books. But Artemis Fowl is the best wink

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Artemis Fangirl 3 - 25 July 2012 09:05 AM

There are a lot good book I’ve ever read. But the best which is not from EC was “The Hungergames”-trilogy from Suzanne Collins. Harry Potter and the Inkheart-trilogy from Cornelia Funke are also very good books. But Artemis Fowl is the best wink

yup! someone who is 100% brains. Arty fowl is 10 times better than HP!!!
i read somewhere that Arty is the first on the list to become the next HP. after the movie comes out im sure it will happen

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

AthenaLeigh19 - 15 July 2012 04:37 AM

The Divergent series by Veronica Roth and The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan :D

I agree with Divergent entirely. I haven’t gotten to read Insurgent yet though.

The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson is really good as well as The Mortal Instruments series and the Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare.

Honestly I could probably bore you to death with some of the books I’ve read.