Welcome guest, please Login or Register

The Lunchroom: School Discussions

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Leabhar - 04 September 2012 01:40 AM

(1) Your going to start Middle College your junior year too?
(2) What are your ideas of fun classes?@littlems.fowl

(You’re taking a computer class O.O Lucky! We have a computer class at my school but I can’t take it because this year I only get one elective class and I have to take my second year or foreign language -.- And I’m not willing to have a zero period just for a second elective -.- Last year we got two electives, but I was in French and guitar, so I couldn’t have taken it then either [the Freshmen get two electives because one of them was supposed to be health one semester and geography the second, but because of budget cuts we don’t get any {and a few of my friends were pregnant and I blame the budget cuts -.-}]) 
1. Hopefully XD
2. I’m hoping to take a psychology class or a computer class (because I am a nerd despite popular belief. In fact I start doing tutoring tomorrow. Bet ya wouldn’t have guessed that if I hadn’t told ya. [It counts as a seventh period, and is basically a guaranteed A, which means I don’t have too try too hard in my other classes! Ad it’s not like I have anything better to do after school anyways.]). Also, I don’t have to take a math class next year (I’m getting my two years of math done by the end of this year), but I actually want to take another one. I hate the tons of homework I get from it, but it’s an unopinionated subject, so it’s fun XD It’s just inserting numbers into equations. And, unlike English, teachers can’t tell you your opinion is wrong, and I can’t go on tangents based on opinions I know the teacher will get annoyed reading about just because I hate her and am willing to get a C if it means she gets pissed off about being wrong once in a while. And you don’t have to talk to anyone in math class, unlike in English where you have to write an essay about your “shoulder partner.” My Freshmen English 1 H teacher didn’t seem to realize that a bunch of kids in the class had social anxiety problems -.-

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Thankfully, since I won’t have to go to college for 4 years, I’ve never had to take two years of language, though I am learning German on my own time. I have a German tutor one day of the week and the rest is up to me.

My mom took psychology in college and told me it was fascinating but very hard to get a good grade in. I think I would like it if I had any spare electives.

I love math actually. I find it very interesting. I used to loath it when I was younger, but in my 7th grade year it finally made sense! However, despite being good at math, I got a B+ last year in Algebra 3/4 (or 2 depending on what school you go to.) It was all because of a new grading system where your whole grade depended on weekly quizzes. Each quiz had 3-4 questions. You were graded from a scale of 0-4, 1.5, 3, 3.5 etc. One mistake on the whole quiz however drop you half a point. 4=A 3.5=B 3=C etc. I once got 3.5 because I didn’t put arrows one my graph! But wait, your latest quiz did not equal your current grade! each subject had three total quizzes. Your grade for that subject cam from the median of all three quizzes. Example: If I got 2, 2.5, 4, my grade would be 2.5 in that subject. So if you wanted to raise your grade, you could take retakes, but you might have to take two retakes in order to improve your grade, or they could drop it. See why it was so hard? if you don’t understand don’t worry because it took me forever to finally get it all.

I don’t really mind homework that much. The only time I don’t like it is if there are other important things to do, but I don’t have time to do them because of homework.

I also don’t like having to talk to other student and have group projects, unless it is with my friends. I just like to do everything by myself, that way I don’t have to worry whether or not a part gets done, and if I do bad it doesn’t hurt anybodies grade but mine. I once did a whole big project because my group didn’t care at all, and then they got good grades. Most kids do their part of course, but then I’m just don’t fit in with them.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

As to group projects: I just hate having to talk to people about things I’m not confident in. I’m always doubting myself, like I prefer to walk to class with at least one other person because I’m scared I’ll walk into the wrong class. So basically, I just can’t trust myself to talk to people on academic stuff, even in a group with my friends, especially if I have to talk in front of the class.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I am very sorry to hear that LMF.
if i were in your place, i would have beat that girl back. No body lays a hand on me and gets away with it. especially if they’re druggies or alcoholic .
May i point out that i probably have no idea what i’m talking about. since there are no drug addicts or alcoholics in my school i assure you. And in my class we are all a family. except for 5 people who came from the other class. those 5 are real bullies.
Stay away from those people. they are all crazy. Don’t get close to any of those druggies or alcoholics because they are BAD and they don’t let peer pressure get you! don’t go and do something stupid just to make friends (know this from experience)  and DON’T LET THEM PICK ON YOU! you’re awesome and deserved to be treated like you’re awesome. at least to be treated like a human. let them know that.
and have more confidence. if there are GOOD people you would like to be friends with, try to talk to them. don’t look depressed, usually the key is to SMILE and not to wait for people to come to you, but to go to them. ( i know this from experience too. i had no friends until i started to smile more and laugh, and jump into conversations. Now i’ve got two (or four. not sure if the other two wanna join the club) great friends. we’re like the three stooges. playing dumb, (but are really smart), and pranking people.

okay, back to the subject. my favorite subject is: MATH! i dunno what i wanna do when i grow up. i wanna do some lab work i think. work with the FBI. if i could, only if i could, i would be training to be in the SWAT team raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 30 November 2012 12:17 PM

Stay away from those people. they are all crazy. Don’t get close to any of those druggies or alcoholics because they are BAD and they don’t let peer pressure get you! don’t go and do something stupid just to make friends (know this from experience)  and DON’T LET THEM PICK ON YOU! you’re awesome and deserved to be treated like you’re awesome. at least to be treated like a human. let them know that.
and have more confidence. if there are GOOD people you would like to be friends with, try to talk to them. don’t look depressed, usually the key is to SMILE and not to wait for people to come to you, but to go to them. ( i know this from experience too. i had no friends until i started to smile more and laugh, and jump into conversations. Now i’ve got two (or four. not sure if the other two wanna join the club) great friends. we’re like the three stooges. playing dumb, (but are really smart), and pranking people.

okay, back to the subject. my favorite subject is: MATH! i dunno what i wanna do when i grow up. i wanna do some lab work i think. work with the FBI. if i could, only if i could, i would be training to be in the SWAT team raspberry

1. Lol, yeah, my current best friend is a drug addict and she knows that if she so much as asks me to do drugs with her then she will feel the pain XD We already fight enough because I’ve been trying to get her to stop doing them. And yeah, smiling helps, just don’t take it to my level XD I’m a bit extreme, I mean, I have different personalities for different groups (obviously, I mean, I’m not going to be as hyper around the kids I tutor as I am around my super-calm friend), but no matter who I’m around I’m always a bit extreme.
2. DUDE! I’m a math nerd, too, I always have little math doodles in the margins of papers I do in class XD If I’m having trouble sleeping then I do number spirals and shade in all the primes, all that fun stuff XD

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Random Interjection: I’m through with my first set of classes in college. Yippee! Except that I have a new set of classes, and all my breaks are short. Aced Psychology, Eng. Comp, and American Gov’t. Now I have 2-D Art, Eng. Comp 2, and Public Speaking. Fun fun fun.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 01 December 2012 09:53 PM

2. DUDE! I’m a math nerd, too, I always have little math doodles in the margins of papers I do in class XD If I’m having trouble sleeping then I do number spirals and shade in all the primes, all that fun stuff XD

omg i luuuv you man! I love math and physics. I’m not THAT much of a math nerd. Though whenever I’m going in for a swim i look at the pool thinking about pressure and density and stuff and explaining it to my sister (who would have headphones on at all times)
Math is my life (except for trigonometry). MAN math rules!! whenever I’m bored i take out math sheets and do them!
I don’t like geometry, i like algebra. what about you?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 20 December 2012 04:52 PM

Oh my god, me too!!!! I like how Algebra is like a puzzle, but Geometry is more memorization XP I’m really bad at memorization XP

RankRank

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2012-12-01

PM

littlems.fowl - 21 December 2012 07:10 AM
af-fan - 20 December 2012 04:52 PM

Oh my god, me too!!!! I like how Algebra is like a puzzle, but Geometry is more memorization XP I’m really bad at memorization XP

I hate all math. It is winter break, and soon I will be into the 2nd semester! My classes are; Motor Sports, Spanish/Public Speaking, Social Studies 7H, Life Science 7H, English 7H, and Pre-Algebra 7

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

LMF you’re my gal! wow! That’s exactly why I hate geometry! cuz it’s mostly rules. Algebra is also rules but rules that you need to fit in the right place. it needs cleverness. however geometry is more like… i dunno… when they ask you to prove ABCD is a parallelogram, i can just BRING A STINKIN RULER AND MEASURE IT! difficult? no. but they’ve gotta complicate it. I know you need it in buildings and it’s different in real life and stuff but… Geometry and I just don’t click.
speaking of math, my math teacher has given us a bunch of sheets to do on christmas vacation. better start on those. what fun!

@Mehrunes: you no like math? do you like life science? i like that too! but not as much as algebra.

RankRank

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2012-12-01

PM

af-fan - 25 December 2012 06:46 PM

LMF you’re my gal! wow! That’s exactly why I hate geometry! cuz it’s mostly rules. Algebra is also rules but rules that you need to fit in the right place. it needs cleverness. however geometry is more like… i dunno… when they ask you to prove ABCD is a parallelogram, i can just BRING A STINKIN RULER AND MEASURE IT! difficult? no. but they’ve gotta complicate it. I know you need it in buildings and it’s different in real life and stuff but… Geometry and I just don’t click.
speaking of math, my math teacher has given us a bunch of sheets to do on christmas vacation. better start on those. what fun!

@Mehrunes: you no like math? do you like life science? i like that too! but not as much as algebra.

I love Life Science. It is very interesting! I hate Algebra. >_<

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Mehrunes Dagon - 25 December 2012 07:16 PM

I love Life Science. It is very interesting! I hate Algebra. >_<

yeah i have to agree that it’s interesting. i like it as much as i like physics. that’s why I’m stuck between engineering and Medical. between becoming an engineer of some sort (mechanic would do great raspberry) and becoming some sort of a doctor :(

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-01-02

PM

This monday I have to go to school ( high school ) after a Long holiday !! Well I have got tired of school !! I just wanna stay at home and read my favorites book and listen to my favorite musics !! You know sth ?? My friends in school are boring for me !! Because girls are like that ( im not like this )!!!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Afra - 13 January 2013 11:59 AM

This monday I have to go to school ( high school ) after a Long holiday !! Well I have got tired of school !! I just wanna stay at home and read my favorites book and listen to my favorite musics !! You know sth ?? My friends in school are boring for me !! Because girls are like that ( im not like this )!!!

My best advice: Befriend guys. I have a group that I hang out with sometimes where I’m the only girl, and, y’know what, it doesn’t matter to me. We’re all humans, but because of stereotypes girls tend to act slightly less interesting. I have one female friend who has also disregarded “gender rules” and we’re extremely close, but other than that I have mostly guy friends. I mean, I have female friends, too, but not really as many.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 73

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Am I the only one here who still has a nonexistant social life? O__O
But its weird.. I realize I’ve never ACTUALLY asked if someone wants to come over my house.. but I get asked relatively often. My friend, he scavenged the school for my binder today and found it for me [super nice] made me promise to let him come over for all the trouble I made him go through to get my binder.. xD
And I was like “You couldda just asked.. ._.”