PM

I am hoping to start university in October. smile

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

youthfull - 18 August 2012 08:12 PM

Wow, now that’s starting in late, for people around here. I tell people I’m starting university in November and I receive exclamations of envy.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I’m going to be starting school in a week now. I’m actually a bit terrified because I’m going to be starting high school. I’ve been told not to worry, and I have plenty of people who will watch out for me, but I’m just a bit freaked out.

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 19 August 2012 01:56 AM
youthfull - 18 August 2012 08:12 PM

Wow, now that’s starting in late, for people around here. I tell people I’m starting university in November and I receive exclamations of envy.

Well yes, university starts later here but it lasts longer. raspberry
Primary and secondary education will begin on September 10th. Primary education ends on June 7th, while secondary a week later.

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2012-08-07

PM

I started secondary school last Thursday. I love the fact that we now get longer breaks, hehe. Favorite subject… Must be ICT so far.

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

I’m hopefully starting uni in February, doing Forensic Biology and Toxicology, Biomedical Science and Molecular Biology. Cos I haven’t been to school in 6 years, so I’m planning to get some textbooks to brush up on Chemistry, Biology and Math raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

stefanlover12 - 19 August 2012 05:02 AM

I’m going to be starting school in a week now. I’m actually a bit terrified because I’m going to be starting high school.

I wish I could protect you from high school, but I can’t even protect myself. All summer I’ve been trying to convince my mum to let me take online courses, but she won’t listen. She would feel ashamed to tell people that her daughter is homeschooled, but she doesn’t realize that the school I go to is more shameful. I’ve only been in high school one year and I’m already fed up with the fact that I’m the only person I knew who wasn’t a druggie or alcoholic, had never had a pregnancy scare, or was not considered a complete wuss. Well, my best friend said that I was a wuss (well, she used words that I can’t here), but you know what I mean. My school was made up of two extremes, and I wasn’t either. Instead of being able to fit in with everyone, I was by myself.
My best friend abused me, turned all my friends against me. She tried getting me to fight her so that she could get the attention of whoever was around us, but I never fought back. When she slapped me, I shook it off, when she kicked me to the ground I took it. All I did was walk into a room and I was automatically turned into her personal punching bag. No one would ever stand up for me, sometimes they would even applaud. I didn’t do anything but befriend a bad person. The only times I felt like I really deserved it was when she’d ask for my opinion on something and I’d say something I knew she wouldn’t like. I just wanted to protect her.
I start school again tomorrow. I’m praying to die tonight.

Rank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

littlems.fowl - 19 August 2012 11:24 PM

I wish I could protect you from high school, but I can’t even protect myself. All summer I’ve been trying to convince my mum to let me take online courses, but she won’t listen. She would feel ashamed to tell people that her daughter is homeschooled, but she doesn’t realize that the school I go to is more shameful. I’ve only been in high school one year and I’m already fed up with the fact that I’m the only person I knew who wasn’t a druggie or alcoholic, had never had a pregnancy scare, or was not considered a complete wuss. Well, my best friend said that I was a wuss (well, she used words that I can’t here), but you know what I mean. My school was made up of two extremes, and I wasn’t either. Instead of being able to fit in with everyone, I was by myself.
My best friend abused me, turned all my friends against me. She tried getting me to fight her so that she could get the attention of whoever was around us, but I never fought back. When she slapped me, I shook it off, when she kicked me to the ground I took it. All I did was walk into a room and I was automatically turned into her personal punching bag. No one would ever stand up for me, sometimes they would even applaud. I didn’t do anything but befriend a bad person. The only times I felt like I really deserved it was when she’d ask for my opinion on something and I’d say something I knew she wouldn’t like. I just wanted to protect her.

What the hell? You let her do that to you? :O
I advise you to show people their place. If they pick on you, fight back!
My high school years weren’t the happiest either. But I have NEVER allowed someone to lay a hand on me.
Don’t be discouraged by this scum people. They aren’t worth it. However, you have to protect your dignity by not giving up. Think of high school as a test. If you don’t toughen up there, you will never do.
Confront problems, don’t hide from them.
You think that getting home schooled via a computer is the solution. Ok, what about when you get a job? Are you going to hide forever? The world is full of evil people.

High school is just the beginning.
Study and keep to yourself. No need to have many friends. Respect yourself to be respected or otherwise they will take advantage of your weaknesses.
You are not going to die! Don’t think like that!
Tomorrow will be a fresh start for you. Believe in yourself.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 19 August 2012 11:24 PM

Early on in High School, and a portion of Middle School (Primary / Secondary), I was a bit of a recluse (I’m not anymore, I switched schools and gained confidence). I had a moral standard while many of those around me did not, or they were lax in it. I didn’t really make friends, because I didn’t want to. People left me alone because of that, though I could still get things done in group projects, etc, since I have leadership abilities. I avoided the bad crowd, and even most of the “good crowd.” I had acquaintances at best.

The fact is that a lot of schools are like that. I don’t know the circumstances, so I won’t presume anything. However, my two-cents would be not to fight back physically, since that only stirs up further aggression, but take a stand by walking away, not putting up with abuse. Do you have any reasonable adults around you? Teachers that care? Talk to them. I know that’s what all the anti-bullying seminars teach, but it’s true. If you can’t get help from your parent, you turn to another adult.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I wish the circumstances were how you guys described, being able to just be by myself. That’s not how my school works, though. We’re constantly having to work with other kids, which is painful for me because the kids that know me all hate me because of my ex best friend. Either they didn’t want to be associated with someone who was friends with her, or she told them a bunch of things that really weren’t true about me. I have one friend at that school and she’s a druggie and won’t be in any of my classes. I’m completely alone in a school who’s main focus is socialization.
So yes, I’m metophotically running away, and if things keep up this way then I’ll be literally running away, too. It’s not safe for me, she’ll keep beating me or send her ex boyfriend to do worse.

Rank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 August 2012 02:50 AM

I wish the circumstances were how you guys described, being able to just be by myself. That’s not how my school works, though. We’re constantly having to work with other kids, which is painful for me because the kids that know me all hate me because of my ex best friend. Either they didn’t want to be associated with someone who was friends with her, or she told them a bunch of things that really weren’t true about me. I have one friend at that school and she’s a druggie and won’t be in any of my classes. I’m completely alone in a school who’s main focus is socialization.
So yes, I’m metophotically running away, and if things keep up this way then I’ll be literally running away, too. It’s not safe for me, she’ll keep beating me or send her ex boyfriend to do worse.

‘That’s not how my school works, though.’
Dear, every school is the same. They bully people who they consider weak and unprotected.
And I agree with David. Address your problems to a teacher, preferably your homeroom teacher or the principal himself. It is their job to maintain discipline. But if you don’t speak up they will pretend not seeing anything.
Bring your parents to speak with them.
Who does she think she is to beat you? Send her ex boyfriend to you? Don’t allow that to happen!
My ex classmate got expelled from my school. And of course most of my classmates blamed me and not the real culprit. What did I do? I didn’t care about what they thought. I watched my own business and the following years I witnessed the fall of all their clans. I can’t deny I enjoyed it. I saw how pathetic they really were.
And some them even wanted to befriend me in the end. I just rejected them obviously.
In three years of high school I made just one real friend.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Happy first day of high school to Steffy! (I don’t know when BH started/starts.) (It’s my second week of school, but I was sick half of last week.)

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Well, I never have really been bullied in school. Some kids have made smart remarks before, but their just the jerks who think they’re hot stuff. When I was in 6th grade, an 8th grader, who was shorter than me, made fun of me for no reason. I laugh about it with my friends now.

To change the subject, I am in my junior year of high school. However, thanks to a program I am going to college! I only have one class in high school: physics. The rest is at a community college. It does not mean I am a genius w/ a high IQ, It is just a program for anybody who wants to do it. The best part? College is free! I get two free years of college!

High school starts Sept. 5 and college Sept. 25, so I pretty much get another month off of school. I just have to go to physics in the middle of the day and go home after.

College was always a dream. I thought I’d never go to college because it was so many years in the future. Now I’m going to it early. I’m kind of intimidated because now my classmates will be adults who I have no idea who they are. At least it will help me get out into the real world a bit. I’ll tell you guys what it’s like when I start!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

@Leabhar (sorry, quoting isn’t fun for my phone).: OH MY GOD YOU’RE GOING TO MDDLE COLLEGE YOU’RE SO LUCKY! Middle college is sorta a dream for a girl in my P.E. and me, we talk about it constantly! I think it helps us to not lose our minds since we just have one more year before we can leave the “high school experience” behind.
So, are you you taking any fun classes?

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

@littlems.fowl and anybody else

My highschool counseler is one if those types who thinks kids should get the, like you said, “high school experience.” I really don’t care about any of that. What’s so special about high school? I can’t stand to be around the kids at my high school! I’ll be glad to leave.

As for what classes I’ll be taking idk if you would find them particularly exciting. It depends on what each of us find interesting. I’m looking at computer networking. My first CIS (computer) class will be on computer hardware. ecause I’m taking college classes now, I will only have two yrs after high school =)  Of course I’ll have to take the basic classes to get my high school credits, like eng 101.  I will be taking Introduction to Global Issues, which should be interesting. However, it apparently is intensive writing, so lots of essays. I also have to take health classes. I’m going to have fitness and stress managment. I’m taking the latter just for the credits and maybe to help if I feel overwhelmed with college work. I am looking forward to it though!

Your going to start Middle College your junior year too?
What are your ideas of fun classes?@littlems.fowl

Any tips for college? @anybody