Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Artemis’ Middle Name?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

This was originally started by Markus at the other site, but I loved the topic and figured I’d move it here in case we came up with some new ideas.
I’m still all for Artemis Alexander Fowl. I also looked up Irish boy names and found this:
Conan: An old name from con “a hound” or “swift-footed warrior” and in the form conan means “little warrior.”
I think it’s fitting, but am still not sure if I like the flow of it.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

i agree. i dont like the flow of artemis conan fowl. artemis alexander is nice. i also found: artemis art fowl. art comes from the ancient word for a bear, and he was a king whos rule was was so fair. bear looks nice for artemis ( imagining his vampire smile- eeep!)
there is also ardan, meaning high aspiration. artemis totally has that. ( oooh the determination and genius! i wish i was him!)
so its either
artemis alexander fowl
artemis art fowl
artemis ardan fowl

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

But if it was Art then he’d be “Arty Art Fowl….” Actually, it sounds kinda funny, I love it! (Buy not as much as “Arty Alexander Fowl.”

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 16 July 2012 05:49 PM

But if it was Art then he’d be “Arty Art Fowl….” Actually, it sounds kinda funny, I love it! (Buy not as much as “Arty Alexander Fowl.”

thanks. i like the flow of them both. arty art fowl is a tongue twister. you know how much i love the nickname arty?!?! i looove it its so cute ( for a criminal mastermind ) anyway. arty alexander is good. isnt it cute how his dad is artemis he is artemis and his mom is angeline. triple A’s!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

btw does EC read this. cuz if he does… EEEEEP!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 16 July 2012 06:49 PM

Probably not. Someone said that he used to visit the old site, but stopped years ago. I think he might check AFC, though. Everyone loves AFC -.-
But this is all off topic.
On topic: I still say Alexander.

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Methinks he should be names ‘Artemis Ketchup Fowl’.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

BiscuitHappyz - 16 July 2012 11:08 PM

Methinks he should be names ‘Artemis Ketchup Fowl’.

Methinks you should be names ‘Liar Liar Pantsonfire.’ It’s French.

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

littlems.fowl - 16 July 2012 06:53 PM

Probably not. Someone said that he used to visit the old site, but stopped years ago. I think he might check AFC, though. Everyone loves AFC -.-

Me too! Alexander is regal and elite-sounding…
I agreed with you when you’d said Alexander back then too… I miss Ectopia.

How about Hugh? It’s mentioned in one of the books… Hugh Fowl was Arty’s ancestor…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 16 July 2012 06:53 PM

artemis alexander fowl ! im lovin it! who goes for it?!

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I go for Alistair instead of Alexander. Artemis Alistair Fowl sounds good.

RankRank

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

youthfull - 11 August 2012 11:23 AM

I go for Alistair instead of Alexander. Artemis Alistair Fowl sounds good.

I can’t pronounce that O.O *trying to figure out how to say Alistair* Ha, that’s fun.

Alexander I can =p

I don’t know anything about middle names. We don’t have it here. We have one name, and both of our parents’ surnames. How does it work? Just another name? One name, another name and then ... What? Father’s surname?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

/amanda. - 11 August 2012 11:17 PM

(1)I can’t pronounce that O.O *trying to figure out how to say Alistair* Ha, that’s fun.
(2)I don’t know anything about middle names. We don’t have it here. We have one name, and both of our parents’ surnames. How does it work? Just another name? One name, another name and then ... What? Father’s surname?

1. It’s like “Al-iss-ter.” I’m not sure if it’s of any help, but at least I tried XD
2. Yeah, you’re right. First name, then second name is like a first name but since it’s not usually used for anything it can be pretty strange, and then the last name is the father’s surname.

RankRank

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

littlems.fowl - 12 August 2012 03:44 AM

1. It’s like “Al-iss-ter.” I’m not sure if it’s of any help, but at least I tried XD
2. Yeah, you’re right. First name, then second name is like a first name but since it’s not usually used for anything it can be pretty strange, and then the last name is the father’s surname.

1. and 2. Ooooohh. Now I get it, thank you =)

What about Joseph? It would be weird O.O Artemis Joseph Fowl II.
Argh, no, terrible O.O

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Does he really have to have a middle name? There are plenty of people who don’t have middle names!