Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Multitasking

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

I’ve been in this Forum for a few days now and it is said to me, that the community is quite young, mostly teenagers and younger readers yes?

Therefore i wa swondering if any of you have actually read this book, as it is really not like any other works that Eoin’s written.
I have to say i was very curious to read it, and now that the german version is out i recommend it to everyone who doesn’t speak english to read it as well.

I rather enjoyed it. The thing is Eoin showed me that he is able to write in just about any genre and for any age class he wants to, and that makes me happy, because it means we’re going to be able to read a wide range ob books by his feather.

So, for all who have read it, did you like it?
It sure made me think of my housekeyes in a different way wink

Rank

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

Yes I have read it and I loved it.

As a big fan of The Sopranos and to a lesser extent Boardwalk Empire, the mix of black humour with crime drama really appeals to me.

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

I found this in a bookstore at the airport, and figured it’d make a good read for during the flight. I bought it because I was curious about how Eoins writing style would adapt to this genre, being a massive fan of both him and crime author Jeffery Deaver. I think that for a first attempt at writing a crime novel (and by a predominantly childrens author), it was quite good. I think that if he continues to write this genre, he’ll be brilliant at it

(and I say all this as someone who worships crime fiction raspberry )

Rank

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

It is definitely an adult book.There are a few of us older members on here. I loved this book. I was not sure what to expect, and it was an awesome surprise. It reminded me of the movie The Departed.  I really hope there is more of this genre coming up from Mr. Colfer.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I enjoyed Plugged very much. I have to confess that I was a little surprised at the language used when I first started reading the book. I was so used to the young adult novels my children read. Once I got past the shock (I didn’t know Eoin knew such words! smile ) I relaxed and started reading it for what it was - a very humorous, clever, action-packed mystery. I cannot wait for his next novel for us grown-ups.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

i bought it on my kindle, and read the first chapter. then i realized that i’m only fifteen (soon to be 16!) so i didn’t think it to be very age appropriate and neither did my father. i discontinued reading it raspberry

Rank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

You are correct about the appropriateness of the book - good job to you and your dad for making a good decision!

Rank

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

What did you all think of Screwed?

Rank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

A.F.2009 - 29 August 2013 03:33 AM

What did you all think of Screwed?

I enjoyed the novel - Eoin Colfer is very clever and witty in his story telling. Without sounding too much like a prude, I wish he wouldn’t be so vulgar in his writing. The story would have been just as good without it and it really limits his audience a bit. I have an uncle who enjoyed reading the Artemis Fowl series on my recommendation, but I would not suggest this novel to him - he is a man of the cloth!