Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Offtopic

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

Thanks! The courses I wanna do are gonna be really hard to get into, but I’m a very smart little girl raspberry

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

InvaderTAQ - 04 August 2012 01:03 AM

Thanks! The courses I wanna do are gonna be really hard to get into, but I’m a very smart little girl raspberry

XD Absolutely believable. =( But good luck with keeping your spirits afloat with all the studying and stuff going on. @.@

Tungsten wire is used in lightbulb filaments. (>.< I actually had to go and look up a fact rather than trying to think up one off the top of my head. FAIL.)

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

Shouldn’t be too hard to keep my spirits up, cos I;ll get to do a fair bit of studying with my bf, even though we’re doing different courses (he’s doing Asian Studies, and I’m doing Forensic Biology and Toxicology and Molecular Biology)

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

dTanMan - 20 July 2012 01:52 PM

Wow LMF, your post level is already increasing. smile)

Anybody watch Death note? smile

Pfft of course I watched Death Note. And YAYZ EVERYONE IS COMING BACK HEY GUYS! 8D

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

I started watching Death Note, and eventually I’ll finish it. Preferred Deadman Wonderland

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

InvaderTAQ - 08 August 2012 01:30 PM

I started watching Death Note, and eventually I’ll finish it. Preferred Deadman Wonderland

I heard Deadman Wonderland was really good… I’m not sure if I should try to watch it or not… I’ve even heard that it was amazing from the voice actors who did the English dub version

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

I watch anime in Japanese with English subtitles. It’s how my bf watches it (he’s insane about anime), so I just kinda got use to it that way. Deadman Wonderland is fantastic if you like violent anime (I *love* violent anime), but if you can’t stomach that then I recommend you give it a miss raspberry

RankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

InvaderTAQ - 09 August 2012 01:44 AM

I watch anime in Japanese with English subtitles. It’s how my bf watches it (he’s insane about anime), so I just kinda got use to it that way. Deadman Wonderland is fantastic if you like violent anime (I *love* violent anime), but if you can’t stomach that then I recommend you give it a miss raspberry

I’m sure I’d enjoy it if it’s violent then. I just never could ask anybody who has seen it if it was good or not. I have now and it is more than likely one of the many anime/Korean dramas that I have added to my list of things to watch.

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

I’ve started reading the manga online, and loved that as well. Another anime I recommend is Baka to Test. It’s not violent, and I preferred this one in English dubbed, it was hilarious :D

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Welcome back TAQ! (Haha I’m late. The way I said that in my head was epic, but I’m not sure how to type it like that.)
Okay, I saw that we’re talking about anime so I said “Rye, we’re gonna log in and we’re gonna be part of this discussion!” So, anywho, as to violent animes: HIGURASHI! Watch/read it! Right now! It’s awesome! I love it! Also Hellsing is pretty good, but not very high on the violent scale. I heard School Days is supposed to be good, but, yeah, after a few episodes I got bored of the whole atmosphere. The violence is all in the last few episodes apparently, and I’m not very patient. I also started Elfin Leid, but never got very far into it just beause I was distracted by other things. I might start watching it again, though, because it was pretty awesome.
But nonviolent animes: I’ve been hooked on Yuru Yuri XD It’s so adorable it made my head want to explode XD And one of the characters always makes random puns, and I’ve started accidentally saying them sometime, it’s awesome XD (My favourite is “no way Norway!” Oh my god, BEST LINE EVER!) And the characters are great. It’s not as sexist as other animes, and actually made fun of the typical plot lines a few times. (Ex: like how in animes the girls always do random poses, so the “main protagonist” [if she can be called that XD], Akarin, made one of the random poses and got completely made fun of XD)
Also, on English dub vs. sub: I watch animes with subtitles (er, “watched,” the only one I’ve watched in months is Yuru Yuri), because the English dubs can be really, really bad sometimes. I mean, sometimes they’re great, but like in Higurashi Rena’s English voice got on my nerves so much >.< Plus a lot of the good jokes made in animes don’t get translated into the English dubs.
Also, if you like Death Note then you should read my fan fics ;D *shameless self advertisement*
But, in all honesty, I really haven’t been watching anime. Ever since I showed up to one meeting of the anime club at my school I’ve been like “haha, no, I’m not like that, I’m not going to be like that, I’m out of here! TTFN! Why are you following me?!?!”

RankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I try with both subs and dubs with anime. If an anime hasn’t been dubbed I’ll go with subtitled… Thats how I got into Black Butler (very good anime… one of my favorites). Elfin Lied and Higurashi (recommended by LMF) have been on my list of “To Watch” things for a bit. I have been going back and watching a few episodes (mainly my favorite ones) from some anime I watched mainly Ouran High School Host Club and Fullmetal Alchemist, and every now and then Devil May Cry.

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

I’m slowly working my way through my bfs anime (he has about 120gb on his laptop (he use to have just under 1TB)), and about 25-30 anime on DVD (we’re talking full seasons here), so it’s going to take me a while. My top 5 so far:

1. Elfin Leid
2. Baka to Test
3. Deadman Wonderland
4. Hitman Reborn
5. Death Note

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

o.o Odd coincidence… I just read Deadman Wonderland about two days ago! XD Stayed up late reading it.

Black Butler is really funny. Undertaker~

RankRank

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

dTanMan - 20 July 2012 01:52 PM

Wow LMF, your post level is already increasing. smile)

Anybody watch Death note? smile

My ex-boyfriend made me watch some episodes. Besides all of those killing parts it was really interesting speacilly the reasons why they’d kill and all of that demon-thing related.
Would you want to have one of those? Or is it just my ex that kept telling how fun it would be to have one of those?O.O

I’m kind of a Inu Yasha kinda girl. Don’t hate me =p

Oh, God. I’m a Newbie again. It feels so… 2008 all over again. O.O

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

/amanda. - 11 August 2012 11:23 PM

Oh, God. I’m a Newbie again. It feels so… 2008 all over again. O.O

When you say 2008, I feel so old. raspberry