Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Offtopic

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

So, this is where off topic things go. Members of the old site are used to it, but just in case:
There’s no set topic for this topic, so there’s no way to get “off topic.” It’s fun.
Anywho:
HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH GUYS!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

littlems.fowl - 13 July 2012 11:05 PM

So, this is where off topic things go. Members of the old site are used to it, but just in case:
There’s no set topic for this topic, so there’s no way to get “off topic.” It’s fun.
Anywho:
HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH GUYS!

XD I completely forgot it was Friday the 13th until someone pointed it out to me.

Crystal (the type of glass) and optical glass (like the kind in glasses) is glass with certain amounts of lead added into it to change the way it refracts light.

Potassium cyanide used to be used in the production of silver. They stopped using though.

Keep sulfuric acid in lead containers!

Rank

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Hey good to see you guys!! Missed y’all. We are all Newbies again.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

A.F.2009 - 14 July 2012 07:33 AM

We are all Newbies again.

Yeah, it’s weird going from 5,000 or so posts to, like, 10. But it just means all that weird stuff I posted as a newbie at the old site is now erased and can’t be used against me XD

Rank

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

littlems.fowl - 14 July 2012 08:03 AM
A.F.2009 - 14 July 2012 07:33 AM

We are all Newbies again.

Yeah, it’s weird going from 5,000 or so posts to, like, 10. But it just means all that weird stuff I posted as a newbie at the old site is now erased and can’t be used against me XD

Yep, we had to make a decision about trying to bring old posts over from the old board but it became quite difficult from a technical point of view and we also felt that there was plenty of junk there that could be cleaned out. So a fresh clean start was the best option.

But if you want to refer to old threads to start them again the old board can still be viewed here for the time being:

http://eoincolfer.com/messageboard/index.php

Enjoy!

: )

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Aw, I thought foaly said something… conversational and not something Moderatorly. Hahahaha how’s life? xD

Gah I miss this place. Anybody here who hasn’t bought The Last Guardian yet?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

dTanMan - 14 July 2012 01:22 PM

Anybody here who hasn’t bought The Last Guardian yet?

*raises hand* I have no money, and everyone in my family owes something on their library cards. I’m just gonna wait until I see it at a garage sale for 25 cents, because that’s all I can afford right now XD

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Foaly - 14 July 2012 11:35 AM

Yep, we had to make a decision about trying to bring old posts over from the old board but it became quite difficult from a technical point of view and we also felt that there was plenty of junk there that could be cleaned out. So a fresh clean start was the best option.

But if you want to refer to old threads to start them again the old board can still be viewed here for the time being:

http://eoincolfer.com/messageboard/index.php

Enjoy!

: )

Many thanks for your wisdom. (Over half my posts were pretty much junk, and I’d hate to corrupt actually-new-people.)

@LMF
I didn’t go to buy one either… Waiting for the book to get to the library is kind of my way for postponing the end of one of my favorite series, while still remaining impatient for it to come. (Not to mention I don’t have any book covers that could fit…)

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 14 July 2012 05:13 PM
dTanMan - 14 July 2012 01:22 PM

Anybody here who hasn’t bought The Last Guardian yet?

*raises hand* I have no money, and everyone in my family owes something on their library cards. I’m just gonna wait until I see it at a garage sale for 25 cents, because that’s all I can afford right now XD

poor thing! i bought, read it, cried all over it, shouted at it, laughed about it, squealed with pleasure occasionally, and in the end mopped because they were the last words i would ever read about artemis fowl again!  waaaaaaaaaaaah! :’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’( ( really long face XD)

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I feel like three days late… All of you guys came back on Friday and now it’s Monday and I am just coming on here now…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

stefanlover12 - 16 July 2012 07:21 PM

I feel like three days late… All of you guys came back on Friday and now it’s Monday and I am just coming on here now…

Think of it as a grace period. Then it goes from being “three days late” to “Three Days Grace.” XD

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

stefanlover12 - 16 July 2012 07:21 PM

I got here late Sunday. XD

And I don’t have TLG yet, because I spend all my money on useless stuff.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

off topic… nice. now littlems.fowl wont get off the topic and wont accuse me of getting off the topic by telling her that she got of the topic. anyone get that?  this was posted friday, its wednesday now. im always late it seems…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 18 July 2012 06:56 PM

off topic… nice. now littlems.fowl wont get off the topic and wont accuse me of getting off the topic by telling her that she got of the topic. anyone get that?

Yeah, yeah, and when the mods were active I got in buckets of trouble with them. It’s just been a long time since there were mods/was a mod, so it’s been a while since I stuck my neck out to follow the rules to a T. Only one or two off topic posts isn’t bad, though. I’ve had pages of off topic before that I haven’t thought twice about.

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Wow LMF, your post level is already increasing. smile)

Anybody watch Death note? smile

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 18 July 2012 07:01 PM
af-fan - 18 July 2012 06:56 PM

off topic… nice. now littlems.fowl wont get off the topic and wont accuse me of getting off the topic by telling her that she got of the topic. anyone get that?

Yeah, yeah, and when the mods were active I got in buckets of trouble with them. It’s just been a long time since there were mods/was a mod, so it’s been a while since I stuck my neck out to follow the rules to a T. Only one or two off topic posts isn’t bad, though. I’ve had pages of off topic before that I haven’t thought twice about.

mods? i dunno i took it as moderators or something raspberry what do you mean?