Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Refine Your Writing

Poll: What do you think of your writing?
Total Votes: 10
It’s amazing!
It’s great.
It’s good.
I’m working on it.
Not so good.
I don’t like it at all.
I’m improving.
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Plyrx - 25 August 2012 11:12 PM

Since I lack the endurance to write anything other than microfiction, I find that worldbuilding mostly just slows down the narration.  I think in the style of Tumblr, my homeland, it’s normal to go about without that much context.

That’s not how I think of world building. I’d rather establish the description in bits and pieces along the way, letting the story guide it. I think many writers nowadays get too caught up in the details.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

why didn’t i check this out before?!
thanks everyone! really helped. will work on it. anyway i said, i wrote ages ago. i found it on my computer and without reviewing it once posted it like “what the hey. just post and go to bed”. raspberry raspberry
will work on it.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 30 November 2012 01:01 PM

why didn’t i check this out before?!
thanks everyone! really helped. will work on it. anyway i said, i wrote ages ago. i found it on my computer and without reviewing it once posted it like “what the hey. just post and go to bed”. raspberry raspberry
will work on it.

If you need any more help, let us (if there’s anyone else left, aside from me, on this topic) know!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 05 December 2012 01:38 AM

If you need any more help, let us (if there’s anyone else left, aside from me, on this topic) know!

Rye’s here! And yeah, I’ll read/review stuff. I mean, well all know I’m brutally honest enough XP

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 05 December 2012 01:49 AM
David Auteur - 05 December 2012 01:38 AM

Rye’s here! And yeah, I’ll read/review stuff. I mean, well all know I’m brutally honest enough XP

I can be brutally honest too. =P But I like to give people heads up that they’ll have their works marked up and annotated all over.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

hehe! brutally honest. the classic, hilarious LMF. raspberry
I’m not that sensitive, don’t worry. I can take brutally hoenst.