Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Le Expertise Café

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

French randomly thrown in for variation.

Have questions on history, English, foreign language, novel writing, how to pet a cat properly without it hissing at you, how not to anger a goose, etc.?

Ask any kind of question (other than site questions, that’s what “QUESTIONS” is for) here, and anyone that views the topic will attempt to help you. wink

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 23 July 2012 07:16 PM

raspberry “Coffee” randomly thrown in for variation.

Have questions on history, English, foreign language, novel writing, how to pet a cat properly without it hissing at you, how not to anger a goose, etc.?

Ask any kind of question (other than site questions, that’s what “QUESTIONS” is for) here, and anyone that views the topic will attempt to help you. wink

Hm… I always lumped this stuff together with Offtopic. It keeps that thread from dying. By the way, coffee shops aren’t good places to be… You’d want a cafe.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

questions questions, i’m an expert at those raspberry. teachers hate it when i raise my hand. so, how DO you pet a cat without it running away or hissing? that is a good question. how old does a person have to be to write? why are siblings so extremely annoying!? -.- and why do people take forever to quote on my quote of their quote of someone else’s quote? LMF i thought that you didn’t have a life? were are your annoying posts?—yet funny! please dont hurt me! XD-
i love this site <3 wink

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 24 July 2012 08:41 AM

questions questions, i’m an expert at those raspberry. teachers hate it when i raise my hand. so, how DO you pet a cat without it running away or hissing? that is a good question. how old does a person have to be to write? why are siblings so extremely annoying!? -.- and why do people take forever to quote on my quote of their quote of someone else’s quote? LMF i thought that you didn’t have a life? were are your annoying posts?—yet funny! please dont hurt me! XD-
i love this site <3 wink

I love ranting about questions, so English teachers liked having me in class. xD

1. You know, it depends on the cat. Many you need approach with a measure of subtlety – quiet, calm, and slow movements. You attempt for a gentle rub back and forth, as opposed to a dog-pat. Perhaps even a light scratch, many like it around the ears. xP
2. The moment your mental faculty has ascertained the ability to interpret the corresponding figures to written vernacular!
3. They’re not always, sometimes you get lucky. I didn’t. -_-’ It is partially due to conflicting interests, and a role which has been conveyed by societal figures of influence. Oh my, it sounds like I’m composing a dissertation on corruption.
4. Perhaps because you do not have the proper number of quote boxes! Oh-ho-ho (insert French nasal accentation here, even though Parisians don’t actually do that). Yeah… or maybe they’re like me: busy, busy.

And now we wait… for LMF.

@15bubbles: Topic title changed. I like to Frenchify things. raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 01:21 PM
af-fan - 24 July 2012 08:41 AM

And now we wait… for LMF.

yup, we wait for her.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Maybe I’m annoyed because of the amount of useless posts not by me being throw about. I AM THE USELESS POSTER! The one always on the verge of trouble! *and am now on the verge of a mental breakdown* *has replacement issues*
But, to answer your question in a nicer and more slightly false manner: My mum might be taking away my phone/computer sometime soon, so I’m spending my time texting/emailing/P.M.ing (on a different site) the people who I feel require the most of my attention.

(And when I saw the title of this topic my brain translated it to “The Expert Coffee” XD)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 07:17 PM

Maybe I’m annoyed because of the amount of useless posts not by me being throw about. I AM THE USELESS POSTER! The one always on the verge of trouble! *and am now on the verge of a mental breakdown* *has replacement issues*
But, to answer your question in a nicer and more slightly false manner: My mum might be taking away my phone/computer sometime soon, so I’m spending my time texting/emailing/P.M.ing (on a different site) the people who I feel require the most of my attention.

(And when I saw the title of this topic my brain translated it to “The Expert Coffee” XD)

Yes, The Expert Coffee indeed! raspberry Peer into the depths of your mug for wisdom beyond… okay, you get the point.

The administration determines the basis of SPAM, which is usually counter-productive and irrelevant.

This topic, if used properly, need not be considered spam, nor Which One? (due to rules, it maintains consistent activity, creative discussions, and wholesome fun, so long as the posters are cooperative), etc.

Foaly always has the final say.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 09:08 PM

The administration determines the basis of SPAM, which is usually counter-productive and irrelevant.

This topic, if used properly, need not be considered spam, nor Which One? (due to rules, it maintains consistent activity, creative discussions, and wholesome fun, so long as the posters are cooperative), etc.

Foaly always has the final say.

Oh, no, I didn’t mean that this topic was useless. We had one of these at the old site and it did really well fr a while. I mean beause the post before mine was something along the lines of “yes, we shall wait,” or something, and it sent me into rage mode.

Um….“Who was phone?” (other than Dog) (Sorry, couldn’t think of anything and spend too much time on memebase >.<)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 09:22 PM

Oh, no, I didn’t mean that this topic was useless. We had one of these at the old site and it did really well fr a while. I mean beause the post before mine was something along the lines of “yes, we shall wait,” or something, and it sent me into rage mode.

Um….“Who was phone?” (other than Dog) (Sorry, couldn’t think of anything and spend too much time on memebase >.<)

Oh, definitely, we need to stick to Q&A.

Who… was… phone? Is that a question or a joke? xD

Questions:

1. What rules did you all have on the last forum?

2. How do some of you go about making smoothies? xP I know how, but I’d like hear other methods. raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 09:48 PM

Who… was… phone? Is that a question or a joke? xD

Questions:

1. What rules did you all have on the last forum?

2. How do some of you go about making smoothies? xP I know how, but I’d like hear other methods. raspberry

1. No double posting, no extreme language, nothing inappropriate, no links, no discrimination, no spam, no getting on LMF’s bad side. The basics. 
2. Find a blender. Find fruit. Massacre fruit. Put ice in blender. Put massacred fruit in blender. Find yogurt and juice and put in blender. Put lid on blender (that’s the most important step), and turn blender on. Voila! 
(As to the “Who is phone?” thing, it’s a meme. So a joke.)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 09:55 PM

1. No double posting, no extreme language, nothing inappropriate, no links, no discrimination, no spam, no getting on LMF’s bad side. The basics. 
2. Find a blender. Find fruit. Massacre fruit. Put ice in blender. Put massacred fruit in blender. Find yogurt and juice and put in blender. Put lid on blender (that’s the most important step), and turn blender on. Voila! 
(As to the “Who is phone?” thing, it’s a meme. So a joke.)

1. So the links policy (on profiles, that is) has changed?
2. Hmm, I haven’t tried it with yogurt before… I should do that. What kind of yogurt? :D

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 10:00 PM

1. So the links policy (on profiles, that is) has changed?
2. Hmm, I haven’t tried it with yogurt before… I should do that. What kind of yogurt? :D

1. Well, there was always the website option on profiles. And the no links thing was only for a little while, and then it got changed to just “no bad links.”
2. ....the edible kind? Um, whatever kind you want. For me, smoothies are just a way for me to take out my anger on fruit. And they’re awesome when I know I won’t have time the next morning for real food (like I spent a lot of time this summer working at camps, and so when I knew I couldn’t get a ride the next morning and thus would have to walk the two miles there, I’d just make a smoothie the night before and keep it in the refrigerator. It was awesome.)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 07:17 PM

dont worry your not replaced. you are still the “useless poster “. XD.
i require the most of your attention * flutters eyelashes and puckers lip*  we do raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 25 July 2012 12:06 PM

i require the most of your attention * flutters eyelashes and puckers lip*  we do raspberry

To be honest, no. I’m not dealing with any suicidal cases here, and even if I was I’d probably talk with the person somewhere more personal (until we’re allowed to send P.M.s here [at least last time I tried I couldn’t]). I mean, I have ways to communicate with almost every active member from the old site elsewhere.

What should I do if I don’t want to stop texting the person I’m texting but really want to take a shower? Should I just wait until our conversation ends?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 25 July 2012 06:53 PM
af-fan - 25 July 2012 12:06 PM

What should I do if I don’t want to stop texting the person I’m texting but really want to take a shower? Should I just wait until our conversation ends?

omg that is a crisis! they should make phones water proof so we could text while showering!
look, just put the phone on the floor near the tub and cover it with a towel just in case. and make the sound rlly high. everytime someone sends you a text just stick your hands out dry them with the towel and text him back. then put he towel back on and continue your shower XD. thats if your desperate

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 26 July 2012 07:55 AM

omg that is a crisis! they should make phones water proof so we could text while showering!
look, just put the phone on the floor near the tub and cover it with a towel just in case. and make the sound rlly high. everytime someone sends you a text just stick your hands out dry them with the towel and text him back. then put he towel back on and continue your shower XD.

Yeah, it wasn’t that important of a conversation, especially with my luck my phone would get soaked. So I just took a shower while my phone was taking forever to send a text (AT&T hates me).

Another question: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? (Sorry, google gets the questions I really need an answer for, and I’m trying to keep it on topic XD)