Welcome guest, please Login or Register

QUESTIONS

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

just thought i’d start this. i dont know if anyone has questions about the site, but i have tons.
most importantly:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU CHANGE YOUR USERNAME - i mean, can you? i hate mine, makes me look like a boy -.-.
YES I AM A GIRL! DONT BE SO SURPRISED! NO GASPING PLZ!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 23 July 2012 06:58 PM

just thought i’d start this. i dont know if anyone has questions about the site, but i have tons.
most importantly:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU CHANGE YOUR USERNAME - i mean, can you? i hate mine, makes me look like a boy -.-.

*shock* People think you’re a boy? XD I guess I’m too used to fan = fangirl. It’s O.K. While using 15B as my username, so many people think I’m a boy.

I don’t think it’s possible to change your username, but I’m not sure when you’ll be able to edit the other parts of your profile. (I want to change my picture… I guess I’m kind of vain…)

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

YOU’RE BOTH GIRLS? *sharp intake of breath through nose, therefore not a gasp* O_O
Just kidding, I was aware, even though I’m new. raspberry
Yes, I wonder why certain permissions have been restricted from users. It would seem location, which could be the worst to moderate due to how it could be exploited, is just about the only thing we can change, huh? As a half-retired administrator of various forums, I am confused. xD

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 23 July 2012 07:20 PM

It would seem location, which could be the worst to moderate due to how it could be exploited, is just about the only thing we can change, huh? As a half-retired administrator of various forums, I am confused. xD

I haven’t been able to change my location. It got carried over from the old site where it actually fit in my profile and didn’t get cut off.

(P.S. *shocking news, guys* I am, in fact, also a female. Not that my user name made that completely obvious. I know, I know, it’s just such a surprise! Haha, I think I’m one of the few members whose gender is obvious, yet I’m one of the few members who doesn’t believe in genders XD)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

15bubbles - 23 July 2012 07:09 PM

[quote author=“af-fan” date=“1343069932”

*shock* People think you’re a boy? XD I guess I’m too used to fan = fangirl. It’s O.K. While using 15B as my username, so many people think I’m a boy.

I don’t think it’s possible to change your username, but I’m not sure when you’ll be able to edit the other parts of your profile. (I want to change my picture… I guess I’m kind of vain…)

i dont know if people think i am a boy. i just looked at my username: thats a boy. oh wait that’s ME! im a girl! AAARRGG i look like a boy! have to fix that immediatly, even if it means making a new account. ( i dont think i will do that though. )

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

YOU’RE BOTH GIRLS? *sharp intake of breath through nose, therefore not a gasp* O_O
Yes, I wonder why certain permissions have been restricted from users. It would seem location, which could be the worst to moderate due to how it could be exploited, is just about the only thing we can change, huh? As a half-retired administrator of various forums, I am confused. xD

yup a girl. though sometimes i wish i weren’t. -.- girls cant do anything! they are too delicate and fragile, and our abilities are so misunderstood! people think we are little flowers still pushing their way out of the ground trying to reach the sun but we never will. well guess what we have fangs and knives and a pogo stick to get rid of those in our way and pogo stick our way to the sun *ouch- thats gotta burn *
kinda got carried away -.-

Rank

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

Hi David,

As you can imagine many of the restrictions are to prevent spammers and abuse on the board. This is particularly necessary when launching a new board as real members haven’t built up their “trust” level yet. But we are planning to unlock some more of the features over the course of the next few weeks.

Stay tuned!

Foaly

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Foaly - 24 July 2012 10:22 AM

Hi David,

As you can imagine many of the restrictions are to prevent spammers and abuse on the board. This is particularly necessary when launching a new board as real members haven’t built up their “trust” level yet. But we are planning to unlock some more of the features over the course of the next few weeks.

Stay tuned!

Foaly

Understood, I could see how that might be a problem. Always better safe than sorry.

The website option is a great plus though, and thank-you for putting the time into approving them (I noticed a redirect from the EC Admin Panel)!

Thanks for keeping us informed. smile

@littlemsfowl: Now that was my cause for confusion, but it makes a lot more sense that it was transferred.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 24 July 2012 08:52 AM

though sometimes i wish i weren’t. -.- girls cant do anything! they are too delicate and fragile, and our abilities are so misunderstood! people think we are little flowers still pushing their way out of the ground trying to reach the sun but we never will. well guess what we have fangs and knives and a pogo stick to get rid of those in our way and pogo stick our way to the sun *ouch- thats gotta burn *
kinda got carried away -.-

It’s too early in morning to go into rant mode -.- Nevermind, it’s never to early to rant on gender steryotypes.
Okay, I know I’ve said this before, but the only difference between genders beside anatomy is steryotypes! You need to stop letting them control you! Gender is just another way to divide humanity, and to make us believe that we’re more different than we are. Gender’s only purpose is populating, and we’re currently over populated! And no, I’m not a crazy feminist, I’m a crazy equalist.

Back on topic: Thanks Foaly, that information is wonderfully helpful!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 07:00 PM

It’s too early in morning to go into rant mode -.- Nevermind, it’s never to early to rant on gender steryotypes.
Okay, I know I’ve said this before, but the only difference between genders beside anatomy is steryotypes! You need to stop letting them control you! Gender is just another way to divide humanity, and to make us believe that we’re more different than we are. Gender’s only purpose is populating, and we’re currently over populated! And no, I’m not a crazy feminist, I’m a crazy equalist.

Back on topic: Thanks Foaly, that information is wonderfully helpful!

I could argue that point with the best of them, however, this isn’t exactly the board for that. wink I think it best such topics are avoided, due to the forum rules.

Simple Remark: Women are certainly capable of the same tasks and achievements as men. That does not, however, go to say that genders only pertain to physical differences. Understanding alternative viewpoints is key in avoiding argumentation and instead forming fruitful discussions. I would cordially recommend you look into these other perspectives. smile

For example, I find that genders encourage unity. Nearly anything can be corrupted or discriminated against, but it doesn’t change the heart of the original value.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

To be honest, David, I think most of the personality differences are cause by our culture and social out look.

Question (if Foaly could respond to this then it would be very helpful): So, is there not a rule about double posting on this site? Because on the old one there was, but I don’t want to yell at people who double post in case it’s allowed. Just wondering because it’s been happening a lot and it’s getting harder for me not to lose my head over it.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 09:07 PM

To be honest, David, I think most of the personality differences are cause by our culture and social out look.

Question (if Foaly could respond to this then it would be very helpful): So, is there not a rule about double posting on this site? Because on the old one there was, but I don’t want to yell at people who double post in case it’s allowed. Just wondering because it’s been happening a lot and it’s getting harder for me not to lose my head over it.

Again, I could also counter that statement. wink My point here is: from what I’ve gathered, this is a creative forum, children-based in terms of rules and regulations. Debates, I’d imagine, would be discouraged, as well as absolute statements which put down positive viewpoints. The distinction between genders that I hold to is both accepting and without malice or negativity.

I’d also like to know Foaly’s stand on double-posting.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 09:16 PM

(1) Again, I could also counter that statement. wink My point here is: from what I’ve gathered, this is a creative forum, children-based in terms of rules and regulations. Debates, I’d imagine, would be discouraged, as well as absolute statements which put down positive viewpoints. The distinction between genders that I hold to is both accepting and without malice or negativity.

(2) I’d also like to know Foaly’s stand on double-posting.

1. Fine, but however you veiw it what she said was still sexist so I had right to rage -.-
2. Well, s/he used to be against it.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 09:26 PM

1. Fine, but however you veiw it what she said was still sexist so I had right to rage -.-
2. Well, s/he used to be against it.

1. If she herself, a girl, individually claims she is frail, she isn’t ascribing the quality to the entire gender. If she is, however, yes, that would be unfair. Which… generalizing as the post was, it must be the latter.

2. Good to know. smile

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 07:00 PM
af-fan - 24 July 2012 08:52 AM

o…k… haha XD.
i will try. i go to an all girls’ school so it’s not that hard to get rid of the habit of wishing i wasnt a girl XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

ok here is a question
i want to make an account on the AF fan gathering and AF confidential. but dont know if i should. should i?