Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Food Discussion

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

What is your favorite type of food? Have you been abroad and had something you really liked, or out out the ordinary?

Discuss food here.

When I went to France, I had some of the most amazing pastries. Albeit I also bought a bunch of beurre salĂ© (en. “salty butter”) which looks exactly like caramel but tastes like its namesake.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Favourite food: Mustard. And that’s that.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

littlems.fowl - 22 July 2012 12:34 AM

Favourite food: Mustard. And that’s that. [/quote

Oh dear, I hope we don’t have another mustard/ketchup argument.

I’m glad this topic was made, food is one of my favorite things! I really have no favorite dish if I had to say something though, it would probably be Japanese Fried Rice…. I really like Japanese food, but not necessarily sushi

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 22 July 2012 12:34 AM

Favourite food: Mustard. And that’s that.

Mustard is fantastic. What do you eat it on?

stefanlover12 - 22 July 2012 02:12 AM

Oh dear, I hope we don’t have another mustard/ketchup argument.

I’m glad this topic was made, food is one of my favorite things! I really have no favorite dish if I had to say something though, it would probably be Japanese Fried Rice…. I really like Japanese food, but not necessarily sushi

Food topics are essential to forums. raspberry

Ketchup! jk There’s no need for a ketchup/mustard argument because there’s simply no grounds for it (unless it were to be founded upon concrete [not statistics or surveys which discuss popularity], proven research like health) I could rant about how delicious ketchup or mustard is till’ I’m red in the face, but it’s not going to change the tastes of an opponent.

Japanese food is certainly good, I had quite an [authentic] sampling of it recently. I can safely say I’m not a big sashimi or sushi fan, but I can respectfully eat it. Miso Soup (not crazy about it), fried pork (good stuff), ramen (yes! though I’ve only had it instant -_-’ so that doesn’t belong in this list), green bean ice cream…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 22 July 2012 02:57 AM

I’ve eaten it on most foods. I’m serious.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 22 July 2012 03:02 AM
David Auteur - 22 July 2012 02:57 AM

I’ve eaten it on most foods. I’m serious.

Such as…?
I once was a “TA lunch assistant” (teacher’s aide: collect trash for the youngest, answer questions, provide straws, milk boxes… you get the idea. Sometimes diplomat for their arguments xD) and there was one child who loved ketchup. Put it on just about everything and ate it like… well, I suppose you would mustard. But he had his boundaries. Point being, I’m curious about where your boundaries lie.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 22 July 2012 03:09 AM

Point being, I’m curious about where your boundaries lie.

At the bottom of the cup of mustard/water mixture I drank a few years back.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 22 July 2012 03:21 AM

HAHAHAHA! LMF you are funny. yeekh, water/mustard. yuk. though i do loooooooove mustard! i love relish too. but im not a big fan of ketchup. i wouldnt eat mustard with everything. but i eat everything else with everything else XD.
i eat everything, everything is my favorite ( put aside fish, sheep or cow brain, heart, liver, stomach, and some small intestine XD)
one of my favorite creations is a turkey sandwich with mayonnaise mozzarella mustard and hot cheetos. XD. just stuff that all in a sandwich and toast it and you have got yourself the most perfect sub!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 24 July 2012 08:59 AM

HAHAHAHA! LMF you are funny. yeekh, water/mustard. yuk. though i do loooooooove mustard! i love relish too. but im not a big fan of ketchup. i wouldnt eat mustard with everything. but i eat everything else with everything else XD.
i eat everything, everything is my favorite ( put aside fish, sheep or cow brain, heart, liver, stomach, and some small intestine XD)
one of my favorite creations is a turkey sandwich with mayonnaise mozzarella mustard and hot cheetos. XD. just stuff that all in a sandwich and toast it and you have got yourself the most perfect sub!

Mmm, that actually sounds quite delicious. If I had those ingredients, I actually might try that.

For now, I settle for my Spinach smoothies, which most people think looks gross, but tastes delicious. Spinach, Frozen Bananas, Frozen Strawberries, Frozen Blueberries, Cold Water, and other frozen fruits “if desired.”

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 01:27 PM
af-fan - 24 July 2012 08:59 AM

Mmm, that actually sounds quite delicious. If I had those ingredients, I actually might try that.

For now, I settle for my Spinach smoothies, which most people think looks gross, but tastes delicious. Spinach, Frozen Bananas, Frozen Strawberries, Frozen Blueberries, Cold Water, and other frozen fruits “if desired.”

hmm… i dont normally like spinach unless i throw in half of the salt shaker in it and squeeze a full lemon on it raspberry. but fruits and cold will make it taste better. so i will try it whenever i get the chance! meaning whenever my mom leaves me home alone with an open fridge XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 24 July 2012 03:26 PM

hmm… i dont normally like spinach unless i throw in half of the salt shaker in it and squeeze a full lemon on it raspberry. but fruits and cold will make it taste better. so i will try it whenever i get the chance! meaning whenever my mom leaves me home alone with an open fridge XD

My 5-year old niece isn’t a big fan of Spinach and she didn’t like the looks of it, but once she tried it she loved it. It tastes just like a fruit smoothie, except it’s even better, and other people probably won’t drink it. raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 25 July 2012 01:54 AM
af-fan - 24 July 2012 03:26 PM

My 5-year old niece isn’t a big fan of Spinach and she didn’t like the looks of it, but once she tried it she loved it. It tastes just like a fruit smoothie, except it’s even better, and other people probably won’t drink it. raspberry

i will definitely try it. smile

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I can’t name my one favorite, though pizza comes to mind, or pasta. I’ll tell you what I don’t like though. Hot dogs. Used to love them, but now not very. I discovered what goes into them and it makes me queasy. Everything else is good though.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Leabhar - 03 August 2012 09:37 PM

Hot dogs. Used to love them, but now not very. I discovered what goes into them and it makes me queasy. Everything else is good though.

That is me and Menutho…. A Mexican soup for those who don’t know. It tastes amazing when made right… but what it is made with just scares me and I haven’t eaten it since I was 8.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

stefanlover12 - 03 August 2012 11:01 PM

That is me and Menutho…. A Mexican soup for those who don’t know. It tastes amazing when made right… but what it is made with just scares me and I haven’t eaten it since I was 8.

The real nightmare: processed foods. You wouldn’t believe some of the stuff they put in there. Oh, red food coloring? Cool, probably from strawberries or something right? Try the offspring of an African Beetle. Oh my.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 04 August 2012 04:25 AM

Try the offspring of an African Beetle. Oh my.

Yeah, that’s why my sister can’t have anything red from Starbucks (she’s a vegetarian, and they use the beetle dye in a lot of their drinks).
Y’all are talking smack about processed foods, but they’re so convenient. They’re easy to make and easy to afford. See, I can buy a bunch of disgustingly amazing hotdogs from Walmart and have food for a week, or I can buy a sanwhich from some fancy place like Panera and have food for one day. Plus I have no idea how I’d get there because it’s not within walking distance. McDonalds (gross food capital of the world) is within walking distance, though, AND they’re cheep, so sometimes I go there. You just have to learn how to not be picky. If we were all thrown into the wilderness and had to live off whatever we could find who do you think would have the easiest time? Yeah, suckers wink