Welcome guest, please Login or Register

DC Entertainment Discussion: From DKR to the Superman Reboot & more…

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

What are your impressions of the new Batman trilogy? What about its latest installment, the Dark Knight Rises?
Any speculation on the new superman movie?
Fan of the cartoons or live-action films?
Young Justice, anyone?
All DC.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 21 July 2012 03:24 AM

What are your impressions of the new Batman trilogy? What about its latest installment, the Dark Knight Rises?
Any speculation on the new superman movie?
Fan of the cartoons or live-action films?
Young Justice, anyone?
All DC.

i have never watched any of those XD. daddy doesnt let me watch too many movies unless it is under his supervision. and the things he wants to watch suck, like expandables. and terminator 2. it wasnt that bad actually but it really needed a different less touching ending.
anyone know “Monk”? it’s a series of an obsessive compulsive detective XD. really funny and smart

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Monk! That show is awesome. I watched almost every episode. I think it effected me in some way. I catch myself straightening things around the house. I also went to the extreme of organizing the towel closet by color! Still love the show though. Thought it had a great ending that wrapped most of it up. Who was your favorite assistant? Sharona or Natalie? If you didn’t know why he changed doctors (not sure if it explains in the show) is because the actor playing the first one died. I thought it was awesome how Monk And Harold became friends at the end. Glad there’s another fan out there!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I saw the new Batman, an it was good, but….*spoilers* WTF ROBIN? He’s….not like any of the ways I was raised to know him. I mean, I know there were a lot of different versions of him, but was he ever that old? Whatever, he seemed nice. (And his actor was in an episode of That 70’s Show. It was awesome: Eric [main That 70’s Show character]- *freaking out* “You’re gay?” Guy who goes on to play Robin years later- *smiling* “Me? No, I’m not gay.” Eric-“You’re not? But you just kissed me!” GWGOTPRYL-“Okay, I’m gay.” IT WAS AWESOMELY FUNNY! I mean, he was so little! I had probably seen the episode a billion times, but it was like seeing it for the first time all over again knowing the actor would be in Inception and Batman XD And his head was so small and his hair was so big! Sorry, I’m getting off track.) The Robins I knew were the ones from the Saturday morning cartoon and from Teen Titans XD

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 09 August 2012 06:44 PM

I saw the new Batman, an it was good, but….*spoilers* WTF ROBIN? He’s….not like any of the ways I was raised to know him. I mean, I know there were a lot of different versions of him, but was he ever that old? Whatever, he seemed nice. (And his actor was in an episode of That 70’s Show. It was awesome: Eric [main That 70’s Show character]- *freaking out* “You’re gay?” Guy who goes on to play Robin years later- *smiling* “Me? No, I’m not gay.” Eric-“You’re not? But you just kissed me!” GWGOTPRYL-“Okay, I’m gay.” IT WAS AWESOMELY FUNNY! I mean, he was so little! I had probably seen the episode a billion times, but it was like seeing it for the first time all over again knowing the actor would be in Inception and Batman XD And his head was so small and his hair was so big! Sorry, I’m getting off track.) The Robins I knew were the ones from the Saturday morning cartoon and from Teen Titans XD

If you saw Teen Titans, then you should know about the adult Robin (Nightwing) in Season 2, Episode no. 14, “How Long Is Forever?” raspberry That makes me sound like a complete Teen Titans fanboy, but no (I was, but not that extreme that I’d remember every detail), I had to use the dynamic duo of Google and Wikipedia for that information.

I did not know that about Joseph Gordon-Levitt (GWGOTPRYL xD).

The final Batman was great, I just wish there was more of a showing. It should do well in the box office, not get bogged down just because of one isolated incident. That’s not to say I’m not sympathetic to it (I am, and respect the decision Warner Bros made to cancel a few showings and withhold box office information out of reverence), but I would have liked to see it do better.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 28 August 2012 03:17 AM

(1) If you saw Teen Titans, then you should know about the adult Robin (Nightwing) in Season 2, Episode no. 14, “How Long Is Forever?” raspberry That makes me sound like a complete Teen Titans fanboy, but no (I was, but not that extreme that I’d remember every detail), I had to use the dynamic duo of Google and Wikipedia for that information.

(2) The final Batman was great, I just wish there was more of a showing. It should do well in the box office, not get bogged down just because of one isolated incident. That’s not to say I’m not sympathetic to it (I am, and respect the decision Warner Bros made to cancel a few showings and withhold box office information out of reverence), but I would have liked to see it do better.

1. I didn’t have rich people tv (well, I did at my father’s house when I used to live with him, but I wasn’t there that often), so I just got the same couple episodes replayed on Saturday mornings (I woke up at, like, six for it) until it was replaced. My little first grade friends and I used to role-play it XD
2. I’m not to happy with the Batman movies at the moment. I watched the second one recently (the one with the Joker [and I still haven’t seen the first XD Who needs to watch them in order anyways? Order is boring]), and there were just too many people dead. I actually liked violence (a lot [MSI and The Birthday Massacre and Creature Feature used to be my favourite bands, and Higurashi my favourite show]), but I’ve recently realized that it’s because of our societies’ positive outlook on violence that has caused so much pain to innocent people.. Like, last year I was beat down on a day-to-day basis by a girl who did it purely for the attention. It made her look “bad ass.” Her boyfriend bragged about some kids he shot because it made him look powerful. I can’t believe that I didn’t realize it sooner, but I wouldn’t have gone through the hell I did last year if media didn’t make killing people look so hard-core. I watched a movie called Shoot ‘Em Up (probably a million movies called that), and found myself idolizing a guy who killed people with carrots. I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL THAT HE WAS KILLING PEOPLE. Knowing what I do now, just thinking about it makes me sick. Not only was I accepting death, but I was supporting it. If you still don’t believe how messed up the media is making us: Sometime before hitting this realization I was complaining about my family via text to the person I liked at the time. The person responded offering to kill them. What’s worse is instead of immedietly thinking something like “that’s so messed up,” I found myself giggling and blushing. It’s terrible what media influence can do to a person.