Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Travelling: Where’ve you been?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

First off, no personal info. Just had to get that out there. raspberry

I’ve been to Ireland, particularly in Galway, Kilkenney, and Dublin.
France - Normandy region (Litteau and Giverny mainly) and Paris.
U.S.A. - Colorado, Nebraska, Oregon, Minnesota, Kansas, Iowa, New Jersey, and others.

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Wow David, that’s quite the list. :o

I’ve been to Hong Kong, Macau, Beijing, Shanghai and Singapore. On a side note, I stayed at Shanghai for 42 days so it’s become memorable for me :D

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

dTanMan - 21 July 2012 10:06 AM

Wow David, that’s quite the list. :o

I’ve been to Hong Kong, Macau, Beijing, Shanghai and Singapore. On a side note, I stayed at Shanghai for 42 days so it’s become memorable for me :D

orz I don’t like traveling, but I’ve also been to Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Singapore. I really like Singapore. It’s like the good qualities of a country squished into one city. Plus, I can actually read signs there. ^.^”

Besides those, I’ve been in Malaysia several times, one or two other places in China and to a couple of states in the U.S. (*cough* I might have forgotten where exactly in those places…)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

@dTanMan: I could say the same for you! The closest I’ve gotten to Asia is authentic Asian cuisine.
@15bubbles: Wow. I’d like to visit those countries sometime, especially Malaysia, mostly for the food. raspberry

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Haha i’ve never been to Europe nor America. You on the other hand, have been to two continents. xD

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

oooh ive been to lots of places. first off US of course, visited 2 states around there and lived in 1. panama, canada, 2 countries in the middle east, and dubai. i love traveling.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 22 July 2012 04:56 PM

oooh ive been to lots of places. first off US of course, visited 2 states around there and lived in 1. panama, canada, 2 countries in the middle east, and dubai. i love traveling.

Wow, the opposite of our fellow posters, covering three continents. *applause* I friend of mine has been to a majority of those locations as well, she loves the Middle East. I heard they have great food? raspberry As for Dubai, cool buildings as well.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 23 July 2012 07:23 PM
af-fan - 22 July 2012 04:56 PM

Wow, the opposite of our fellow posters, covering three continents. *applause* I friend of mine has been to a majority of those locations as well, she loves the Middle East. I heard they have great food? raspberry As for Dubai, cool buildings as well.

thank you thank you ll waves hands ll
awesome food, . yup and in dubai its awesome at night, all the lights and people. anyone been to the ME?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 24 July 2012 03:34 PM

awesome food, . yup and in dubai its awesome at night, all the lights and people. anyone been to the ME?

Now what is the ME? I’ll probably know once my memory has been “jogged.” xD

What do you all think of the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, whether you’ve been there or not? When I visited, there were armed soldiers at the airports, and I only got to see the Eiffel Tower by boat due to a bomb scare and strike (it was closed, along with the Louvre), where citizens were burning things, and police were everywhere.

The French hated the Eiffel Tower and wanted it torn down, but then WWII happened, and afterwards they found it was very lucrative and kept it. €€€

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 09:54 PM

What do you all think of the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, whether you’ve been there or not? When I visited, there were armed soldiers at the airports, and I only got to see the Eiffel Tower by boat due to a bomb scare and strike (it was closed, along with the Louvre), where citizens were burning things, and police were everywhere.

The French hated the Eiffel Tower and wanted it torn down, but then WWII happened, and afterwards they found it was very lucrative and kept it. €€€

i meant the middle east by ME raspberry
what a wonderful time to visit the tower raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 25 July 2012 03:18 PM

i meant the middle east by ME raspberry

Ohh, okay. raspberry I haven’t.
And yes, a jolly good time.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 25 July 2012 04:05 PM

Ohh, okay. raspberry I haven’t.

did you eat anything there? i’ve always wanted to try french food.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

did you eat anything there? i’ve always wanted to try french food.

If I hadn’t, I likely would’ve keeled over from malnutrition and dehydration. xD
I had a croque monsieur, frites, baguettes, hot chocolate, Yop, French cheeses, assorted European meats, chocolate ice-cream, crêpes (funny story about a lemon one), candies, lobster, and more. I even made dinner a few times with local ingredients.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 27 July 2012 02:13 AM

I had a croque monsieur

(Sorry, I accidentally deleated part of what I wanted to quote [kinda hard to delete things on my phone], so I retyped it and might have spelled something wrong.)
We learned a lot about those in French class O.O So they’re either really important, or my teacher just really liked sandwhiches.
Um, haha, compared to you guys I haven’t traveled very much….Starting from the right of the United States!: I’ve been to Hawaii (when I was little and we had enough money that going to a place like that and it didn’t totally ruin us money-wise), California, Reno, Colarado (when I was little), Alabama (also when I was little), Florida (little, again), and outside of the U.S. I’ve been to Canada, which was so cool! I went a year ago and I just loved it! (I went with my grandma.)

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

WA (Spokane & Seattle), California, Arizona. That is my life.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Leabhar - 27 July 2012 09:19 PM

WA (Spokane & Seattle).

Oh, I spent, like, an hour in Washington! It was a really nice state, albeit cold. And there were, like, three stores dedicated solely to the Twilight series, which I thought was a little excessive, but to each his own.