Welcome guest, please Login or Register

The Media: Movies, Music, and TV

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

What are you listening to? What are you watching? Usually they’re separate topics, but what’s the point? They end up going dead one time or another, unless the discussion is consistently relevant.

I’ll be going to see The Dark Knight Rises tonight, I’ve been listening to a mix of upbeat (Matt Redman, Kristian Stanfill, Chris Tomlin - right now, “One Thing Remains”) and orchestral (browsing through international radio stations on iTunes) music, the most recent and notable TV I’ve watched is probably the Legend of Korra via, you guessed it, iTunes.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

What I watch and listen to and read/write fan fics for and colour picutes of and everything right now is all the same: My Little Pony: Frindship is Magic. It’s awesome.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 06:08 PM

What I watch and listen to and read/write fan fics for and colour picutes of and everything right now is all the same: My Little Pony: Frindship is Magic. It’s awesome.

I’ve read quite a bit from the fan-base of MLP, but what would you say is the key factor making it so popular? I’ve never seen it myself.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 20 July 2012 06:14 PM

I’ve read quite a bit from the fan-base of MLP, but what would you say is the key factor making it so popular? I’ve never seen it myself.

Just watch it and you’ll know. But, I guess it’s that everyone can relate to at least one pony, if not more, and that it just makes people feel, well, safe, I guess. It makes me feel safe at least. It’s just awesome.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 06:21 PM
David Auteur - 20 July 2012 06:14 PM

Just watch it and you’ll know. But, I guess it’s that everyone can relate to at least one pony, if not more, and that it just makes people feel, well, safe, I guess. It makes me feel safe at least. It’s just awesome.

Hmm, alright, thanks.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 06:08 PM

you know, now that u mention it I’ve only watched MLP in french and never understood a syllable besides: moi and Tu and mange——>my favorite word, means eat XD ... i think -.-
so if i ever get my hands on a DVD, ill watch it wink

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 24 July 2012 03:51 PM

means eat XD ... i think -.-

Yup, it does. Je mange une impermeable. (I probably spelt that wrong [barley passed French], but it means “I eat a raincoat.” I ended one of my essays with that because I didn’t know how to say anything else XD)

Music: Does anyone listen to MSI? They’re one of my favourite bands, I highly recommend them (if you’re over 13).

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 07:29 PM

Yup, it does. Je mange une impermeable. (I probably spelt that wrong [barley passed French], but it means “I eat a raincoat.” I ended one of my essays with that because I didn’t know how to say anything else XD)

Music: Does anyone listen to MSI? They’re one of my favourite bands, I highly recommend them (if you’re over 13).

Never heard of them, who are they?

French conjugations! :D
Manger
(Je) Mange
(Nous) Mangons
(Tu) Manges
(Vous) Mangez
etc. raspberry

Anyone heard of Code Lyoko?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 08:52 PM

Never heard of them, who are they?

Mindless Self Indulgence. They’re a hardcore crazy-pop (I guess it’s pop) bad that has insane and occasionally (lol, “occasionally”) violent themes. But they’re absolutely fantastic. Terrible for people with anger management problems, though. I can’t listen to them when I’m angry.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 09:13 PM

Mindless Self Indulgence. They’re a hardcore crazy-pop (I guess it’s pop) bad that has insane and occasionally (lol, “occasionally”) violent themes. But they’re absolutely fantastic. Terrible for people with anger management problems, though. I can’t listen to them when I’m angry.

With my two music genres of interest, I’d probably be appalled with the contrast. xD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 09:56 PM

With my two music genres of interest, I’d probably be appalled with the contrast. xD

That’s what happens when you limit yourself. For example, yeah, I listen to some weird stuff, but I also listen to really mellow stuff like David Bowie. And I listen to really happy stuff like Aqua and the MLP soundtracks. It’s all about variety.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 10:00 PM

That’s what happens when you limit yourself. For example, yeah, I listen to some weird stuff, but I also listen to really mellow stuff like David Bowie. And I listen to really happy stuff like Aqua and the MLP soundtracks. It’s all about variety.

Not limiting, discerning. wink What goes in often comes out. I stay away from cursing, violent themes, criminality, etc. in music.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 24 July 2012 07:29 PM
af-fan - 24 July 2012 03:51 PM

means eat XD ... i think -.-

Music: Does anyone listen to MSI? They’re one of my favourite bands, I highly recommend them (if you’re over 13).[/quote

XDXDXD omg dying from laughing! we didnt take french this year, but last year we did and next year we will. i was good, sorta… i used to read real quick so the teacher cant spot my mistakes and be ” the cute innocent angle” so she just gave me a 17/20 when i got 13/20 XD. only my friends know that i am annything but innocent. especially those who spent all day writing on the board and walking in the playground like a cool chick with a paper saying :” if you want a lollipop follow me ” and being mysteriously followed by some people. -.-, and kicked in the pants when they didnt give little kids lollies when they asked for some.

if your over 13, -.- makes me not want to listen to them raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 25 July 2012 03:17 PM

I only said that so tht I won’t get in trouble. I’ve been listening to them since I was, like, 11, or something. But they are really good, and you should listen to them. All their songs have meaning, it can just be a treasure hunt to find some of them XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 25 July 2012 06:59 PM
af-fan - 25 July 2012 03:17 PM

I only said that so tht I won’t get in trouble. I’ve been listening to them since I was, like, 11, or something. But they are really good, and you should listen to them. All their songs have meaning, it can just be a treasure hunt to find some of them XD

better safe than sorry.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Last night I watched Spork, and thank god it only came out a year ago or I would have felt terrible about not watching it sooner! It’s amazing! It even had a short romantic scene that made me cry rather than making me annoyed! (Usually I hate romantic movies, but OH MY GOD IT’S SUCH A GOOD MOVIE AND SPORK AND CHARLIE ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER! But seriously, when he kissed her I just started crying because it was the most adorable movie scene ever.)
I just happened to stumble apon it while around the internets last night, and had never heard about it before, so I wouldn’t be surpirsed if anyone else was in the same boat, so here (summary!): The movie’s about a teenage hermaphrodite (Spork) who’s constantly bullied by a group of girls (among other kids) at her school. She has one friend at the start of the movie- her neighbor Tootsie Roll. The movie is just her trying to get through being picked on and dealing with her mother’s death. It’s a comedy (sorta. A light-comedy), and it’s just great.