Welcome guest, please Login or Register

What are your “projects,” dreams, and aspirations?

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2012-08-09

PM

David Auteur - 19 September 2012 12:33 AM

Try squeezing everything you have into a 600-word limit. Then you’ll have an idea of the contest I entered last year. raspberry

But then you know, I’d probably write a poem. . . (unless that isn’t allowed ha ha)

Hey I managed to finish mine at 999 words XD

_____
Dreams and aspirations. . .

Become famous mwahahaha

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

XZero - 19 September 2012 12:38 AM
David Auteur - 19 September 2012 12:33 AM

Try squeezing everything you have into a 600-word limit. Then you’ll have an idea of the contest I entered last year. raspberry

But then you know, I’d probably write a poem. . . (unless that isn’t allowed ha ha)

Hey I managed to finish mine at 999 words XD

_____
Dreams and aspirations. . .

Become famous mwahahaha

Kudos. I meant to respond to this… about a month sooner, but never got around to it. College workload. raspberry
Current project: Query after query, I’m contacting literary agents, then occasionally tweeting about the results. I received my first rejection! Moving on…

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2012-08-09

PM

You’re not gonna give up though right???

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

XZero - 01 October 2012 10:26 PM

You’re not gonna give up though right???

After writing a whole novel? Definitely not. I’m waiting on three more agencies and looking for more.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

about two weeks ago i finished my first Artemis Fowl fanfiction (YES!) now everybody wants me to write a sequel so I’m working on it.
what’s more, my english teacher gave me back my essay with a ginormous B++ on it (she doesn’t put A’s for some reason -.-) and wanted me to type it and give it to her so she could give it to the future 10th graders. Same with the second essay. Now there’s the third that in my opinion is VERY VERY VERY HORRIBLE! in the first two paragraphs i was talking about the pain of parting, then in the third body paragraph i had to talk about ways to ease the pain. So i went from drama to expository… so I’m working on fixing that.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 30 November 2012 11:44 AM

about two weeks ago i finished my first Artemis Fowl fanfiction (YES!) now everybody wants me to write a sequel so I’m working on it.

Is it on fan fic net? If so then I’ll totally leave a review for you. My reviews suck, but they’re still reviews, and everyone loves reviews.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

what’s more, my english teacher gave me back my essay with a ginormous B++ on it (she doesn’t put A’s for some reason -.-) and wanted me to type it and give it to her so she could give it to the future 10th graders. Same with the second essay. Now there’s the third that in my opinion is VERY VERY VERY HORRIBLE! in the first two paragraphs i was talking about the pain of parting, then in the third body paragraph i had to talk about ways to ease the pain. So i went from drama to expository… so I’m working on fixing that.

Hey, congrats! Stinks about the B++ though. Has she ever given A’s?

Aspiration for me: still getting an agent. xD Self-pub is getting really tempting, since I’m already familiar with it, can design my own cover… just have to pay if I ever wanted to get it to a brick-and-mortar bookstore. Oh, and I’m working on a serial I hope to publish on the iBookstore. And other projects are school-related.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 01 December 2012 09:43 PM

Is it on fan fic net? If so then I’ll totally leave a review for you. My reviews suck, but they’re still reviews, and everyone loves reviews.

nope i have it on AFC. wink do you have an account there?

David Auteur - 05 December 2012 01:37 AM

Aspiration for me: still getting an agent. xD Self-pub is getting really tempting, since I’m already familiar with it, can design my own cover… just have to pay if I ever wanted to get it to a brick-and-mortar bookstore. Oh, and I’m working on a serial I hope to publish on the iBookstore. And other projects are school-related.

nope. never. she had an A on one of my essays, then she erased it with a correction pen and put a B++ over it. i saw it clearly and was like *poker face*. I mean really?!
Tell me the name of the book when it’s published! would love to buy it! wait… i can only buy books on kindle :S
do you know createspace.com?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 26 December 2012 07:56 AM
littlems.fowl - 01 December 2012 09:43 PM

nope i have it on AFC. wink do you have an account there?

David Auteur - 05 December 2012 01:37 AM

nope. never. she had an A on one of my essays, then she erased it with a correction pen and put a B++ over it. i saw it clearly and was like *poker face*. I mean really?!
Tell me the name of the book when it’s published! would love to buy it! wait… i can only buy books on kindle :S
do you know createspace.com?

Wow. I’ve heard of a “no-fail policy” but a “no A-policy?” Oh boy. Wonder how that goes over with straight A-students? Will do, and thanks! =) I suppose I’ll have to make sure it gets on the Kindle then. XD And yes, I have heard of Amazon’s self-pub service. wink

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 26 December 2012 04:49 PM

Wow. I’ve heard of a “no-fail policy” but a “no A-policy?” Oh boy. Wonder how that goes over with straight A-students? Will do, and thanks! =) I suppose I’ll have to make sure it gets on the Kindle then. XD And yes, I have heard of Amazon’s self-pub service. wink

Yeah, it’s a bummer. Good thing that were I live, you don’t put A or B’s, those essays were only practice and were not included on the report card. You put a grade/top mark. Then you add them all up and divide them and you get the grade for one subject. then you add all the grades for all the subjects up and divide it by a number (in 10th grade it’s 6.3) then you’ve got a grade over 100. from 85 to 100 is A, 75 to 85 B and so on… complicated right?

will read your book! wink

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 28 December 2012 12:06 PM
David Auteur - 26 December 2012 04:49 PM

Yeah, it’s a bummer. Good thing that were I live, you don’t put A or B’s, those essays were only practice and were not included on the report card. You put a grade/top mark. Then you add them all up and divide them and you get the grade for one subject. then you add all the grades for all the subjects up and divide it by a number (in 10th grade it’s 6.3) then you’ve got a grade over 100. from 85 to 100 is A, 75 to 85 B and so on… complicated right?

will read your book! wink

Wow. Yes, seems quite complicated. XD
And thanks! =D

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Today was my first day of the new volunteer thing I’m doing. I was supposed to wait for the organization to email me back, but it was a dog rescue thing and my aunts were adopting a dog from them and wanted my mum and I to see him so we met them there and they were short staffed soo….Yeah, I was just sent into the action. It was pretty fun, but I’m all covered in bite marks because the dog I was working with thought of me as a chew-toy, but I got good at acting like it was just cute rather than painful, and I only started really bleeding once. I’m going to get stressed between this and tutoring and working with mentally handicapped kids and for now all the scheduling fits together fine but it won’t forever XD

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 73

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

littlems.fowl - 07 January 2013 12:59 AM

Today was my first day of the new volunteer thing I’m doing. I was supposed to wait for the organization to email me back, but it was a dog rescue thing and my aunts were adopting a dog from them and wanted my mum and I to see him so we met them there and they were short staffed soo….Yeah, I was just sent into the action. It was pretty fun, but I’m all covered in bite marks because the dog I was working with thought of me as a chew-toy, but I got good at acting like it was just cute rather than painful, and I only started really bleeding once. I’m going to get stressed between this and tutoring and working with mentally handicapped kids and for now all the scheduling fits together fine but it won’t forever XD

Wow O_O
You do a lot of stuff.. xD
I mostly just sit around my house, play xbox and do nothing.

My life dream, is to be a composer of music for Square Enix, the company that makes Final Fantasy games. Or any other video game company, cause that would just be awesome. ^.^

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Fowl Fan 4evr - 07 January 2013 03:11 AM

My life dream, is to be a composer of music for Square Enix, the company that makes Final Fantasy games. Or any other video game company, cause that would just be awesome. ^.^

I recently started playing a Final Fantasy game (I think it’s number 12, but I could be wrong), and it’s totally awesome! And you could do it, without a doubt! You’re super musically talented!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 73

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

littlems.fowl - 07 January 2013 03:55 AM
Fowl Fan 4evr - 07 January 2013 03:11 AM

I recently started playing a Final Fantasy game (I think it’s number 12, but I could be wrong), and it’s totally awesome! And you could do it, without a doubt! You’re super musically talented!

:O :O :O :O
<3 <3 <3

I would suggest 13 but it takes a lotta commitment, its 3 discs long. And if you have a social life, its pretty much impossible to beat xP and it isn’t as fun in the beginning, the real fun part is learning about the BRRRIIIILLLIIIAAAANNT characters ^.^

But how is 12?