Welcome guest, please Login or Register

What are your “projects,” dreams, and aspirations?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

What are you currently working on that’s fun, exciting, or worth sharing?
From the arts (writing, painting, graphics design) to anything else (rule-appropriate, of course)!

I’m working on a novel, I’ve set a deadline for myself: August 10th. Goal: approx. 150 PDF pgs.

Edit: Now discuss your dreams and aspirations as well!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Since about two years ago, I’ve been folding paper cranes. I have over 5,000 right now, but I’m presently recounting them to check. It’s a daunting task… Especially since I piled them on top of this bright pink poster board. If I count them too long, everything goes green from the after image.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

15bubbles - 20 July 2012 08:04 PM

Since about two years ago, I’ve been folding paper cranes. I have over 5,000 right now, but I’m presently recounting them to check. It’s a daunting task… Especially since I piled them on top of this bright pink poster board. If I count them too long, everything goes green from the after image.

That is quite the undertaking! It will certainly build patience.

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Undertaking is an understatement. Didn’t know you’ve reached 5000. 5 wishes, then? xD

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

dTanMan - 21 July 2012 10:04 AM

Undertaking is an understatement. Didn’t know you’ve reached 5000. 5 wishes, then? xD

Hopefully! (But admittedly, LMF is better at folding cranes.)

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

15bubbles - 21 July 2012 05:51 PM

(But admittedly, LMF is better at folding cranes.)

You’ve never seen mine, yours could be way better! And I don’t put as much care into any of mine, I don’t colour them or even count them, and more often then not I throw them away to save room in my backpack/room.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

what am i working on… i am trying to write only to show my dad i suck. though my friend and i created this wonderful fantasy story ( she is a fan of action and i am of fantasy creatures. put us two together and you’ve got an atom bomb XD. )but i never felt like putting it into words -.- ... you know, i reaaally hate spelling!
im not working on anything besides this site, chatting on msn and that is it! that is the summer for me, oh and reading of course, but not this month cuz daddy wants me to stop and write, and plus reading 5 books a week is too expensive- am i normal!?!?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 24 July 2012 09:04 AM

what am i working on… i am trying to write only to show my dad i suck. though my friend and i created this wonderful fantasy story ( she is a fan of action and i am of fantasy creatures. put us two together and you’ve got an atom bomb XD. )but i never felt like putting it into words -.- ... you know, i reaaally hate spelling!
im not working on anything besides this site, chatting on msn and that is it! that is the summer for me, oh and reading of course, but not this month cuz daddy wants me to stop and write, and plus reading 5 books a week is too expensive- am i normal!?!?

Atom bomb, that sounds exciting. raspberry

Quite normal… otherwise, I’m abnormal as well. Reading ftw. raspberry

Don’t even need those government-sponsored “read commercials.”

I get my books online, so it’s not an expensive pastime. wink Though I don’t read as much as I used to, due to my writing and whatnot.

My father never really told me to write. Whenever I presented him with a story he’d say it needed work, then proceed to critique it (until now). Harumph goes the doctor.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 12:49 PM
af-fan - 24 July 2012 09:04 AM

Atom bomb, that sounds exciting. raspberry

Quite normal… otherwise, I’m abnormal as well. Reading ftw. raspberry

Don’t even need those government-sponsored “read commercials.”

I get my books online, so it’s not an expensive pastime. wink Though I don’t read as much as I used to, due to my writing and whatnot.

My father never really told me to write. Whenever I presented him with a story he’d say it needed work, then proceed to critique it (until now). Harumph goes the doctor.

haha. like that harumph goes the doctor part. i buy them online too. kindle rocks! but 50 bucks a week is a nightmare for my parents ( 6 kids including me, i’ve got 5 little bros and sisters! ) and you are really lucky. not only does my dad want me to write by saying im good, whenever i write he starts criticizing -.- goes on and on contradicting himself. and my teacher is the same thing but muuuch less. she hangs my work on the bulletin board for everyone to see she says. hate that. but as i have said before english is the second language here so they are all WRONG! when i write the opposite of a new york times best seller i will tell him IN YOUR FACE DADDYO! that sounds wrong, as if i wanna suck. -.- i dont care i’m hungry———> cranky

p.s: someone post some of their writing! desperate to read!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 24 July 2012 04:03 PM

haha. like that harumph goes the doctor part. i buy them online too. kindle rocks! but 50 bucks a week is a nightmare for my parents ( 6 kids including me, i’ve got 5 little bros and sisters! ) and you are really lucky. not only does my dad want me to write by saying im good, whenever i write he starts criticizing -.- goes on and on contradicting himself. and my teacher is the same thing but muuuch less. she hangs my work on the bulletin board for everyone to see she says. hate that. but as i have said before english is the second language here so they are all WRONG! when i write the opposite of a new york times best seller i will tell him IN YOUR FACE DADDYO! that sounds wrong, as if i wanna suck. -.- i dont care i’m hungry———> cranky

p.s: someone post some of their writing! desperate to read!

Thanks. raspberry I owe it to the first page of The Last Guardian. “Harumph” was what Artemis’ psychologist said. xD
Do you want to be better at writing?

p.s.: Admin Foaly approved my website, so you could check out what writing I have there, if you’re really desperate.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 25 July 2012 02:03 AM

Thanks. raspberry I owe it to the first page of The Last Guardian. “Harumph” was what Artemis’ psychologist said. xD

p.s.: Admin Foaly approved my website, so you could check out what writing I have there, if you’re really desperate.

yeah i just remembered. that first page was hilarious ( to me)
yup i do want to get better at writing.
what website? :S

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 25 July 2012 11:58 AM

My user profile website. Y’know, click someone’s username and you’re led to their profile? There’s the option of a website, which Foaly moderates

If you want to get better, you should try at the “Refine Your Writing” topic. wink

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 25 July 2012 04:50 PM
af-fan - 25 July 2012 11:58 AM

My user profile website. Y’know, click someone’s username and you’re led to their profile? There’s the option of a website, which Foaly moderates

If you want to get better, you should try at the “Refine Your Writing” topic. wink

i know i am
and im also trying at the forum story, which you are helping me with also. thanks a bunch david! wink

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 25 July 2012 06:20 PM

i know i am
and im also trying at the forum story, which you are helping me with also. thanks a bunch david! wink

Not a problem! smile I’ll get back to you on that critique ASAP, I just need to finish my novel before August 10th. raspberry

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I am currently creating a plan that involves conquering the planet and naming myself the evil emperor. I’m secretly spreading illegal toxins through each countries water supply. After a person drinks the water, and when they hear me say a specific phrase, they will do anything I tell them too. I plan to broadcast myself through everything electronic, so everyone on the planet will do my bidding. Almost no casualties through the whole thing either (though some people might be allergic to the toxin).

In reality, my main focus is reading/rereading books during the summer. So far, in the past two weeks I have read 12 books. My favorite so far was Dick and Jane. My second favorite was War and Peace.

I have never actually read either of these books. Maybe Dick and Jane, when I was in first grade. But I have really read twelve books, pages ranging from 200-400. Hoping to read more.

I’m also planning on burning out my eyeballs from staring at computer screens all day. Fun, fun, fun.

PS Why is it saying I posted this at 1:00 pm when it is 7:00 am

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Leabhar - 03 August 2012 01:42 PM

(1) I am currently creating a plan that involves conquering the planet and naming myself the evil emperor. I’m secretly spreading illegal toxins through each countries water supply. After a person drinks the water, and when they hear me say a specific phrase, they will do anything I tell them too. I plan to broadcast myself through everything electronic, so everyone on the planet will do my bidding. Almost no casualties through the whole thing either (though some people might be allergic to the toxin).

(2) PS Why is it saying I posted this at 1:00 pm when it is 7:00 am

1. That’s nice. My plans for taking over the world involved the death of many people, and the ones I want to keep alive would be my prisoners *shrug* Just seems more fun that way.
2. Please say you hadn’t gone to sleep yet, because waking up at seven would be ridiculous. Being up until seven is fine though. (And because of the whole time zone thing.)

And my current project is colouring my MLP picture book pictures and putting them on my wall :D I currently have Pinkie, Spike, AJ, and half or Rarity (I just have to colour in the background). It’s exciting.