Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Forum Story

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Alright, so for those unacquainted with the practice, this is basically a collectively-written anecdote, developed on a post-by-post basis.

Plain English: I post anywhere from a few sentences to a paragraph (in this case, I’m posting a brief starter. Don’t go longer than TWO paragraphs, so we can keep the flow), then someone else writes where I left off, and then someone else writes where the second person left off, etc. You add to the story of the post before you. Read the other posts first to make sure you don’t miss anything! wink

Here’s a sentence to start things off, I want to focus my creative energy on the last bit of novel I’m writing. xD Then I’ll spend more time here.

It was a peculiar noise, to be sure, and one that I would not soon forget…

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

It was a peculiar noise, to be sure, and one that I would not soon forget. It came from the distant mountain, its icy tip embraced by the feathery milky white clouds.

like that? ok people tell me if it sounds stupid, i need to work on my writing skills. there is a girl in my class who is good at writing, and since english is the second language taught were i live, (but i lived till fifth grade somewhere were english was the first language ) me and her are considered to be the top writers in our grade (going to 10th). but i dont feel like i qualify. so help me -.-

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 20 July 2012 05:55 PM

Alright, so for those unacquainted with the practice, this is basically a collectively-written anecdote, developed on a post-by-post basis.

Plain English: I post anywhere from a few sentences to a paragraph (in this case, I’m posting a brief starter. Don’t go longer than TWO paragraphs, so we can keep the flow), then someone else writes where I left off, and then someone else writes where the second person left off, etc. You add to the story of the post before you. Read the other posts first to make sure you don’t miss anything! wink

Here’s a sentence to start things off, I want to focus my creative energy on the last bit of novel I’m writing. xD Then I’ll spend more time here.

It was a peculiar noise, to be sure, and one that I would not soon forget…

*hides in a corner and shudders* Stories like these will go bizarre places. Plus, there’s never any plot… Or ending… Until someone gets really bored one day and kills off all the characters.
... Who then come back as zombies…

It’s basically like a forum game with a few extra words added.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

No, af-fan, that’s great.

It was a peculiar noise, to be sure, and one that I would not soon forget. It came from the distant mountain, its icy tip embraced by the feathery milk-white clouds.

I thought it to be the trill of some exotic bird, but I was wrong. Albeit, not terribly so, for a world of wonders awaited me that day, as I climbed the precipitous peak.

@bubbles15: Please contribute to the story whenever you post, that way it’s not spam wink Again, I’ve done this before and had great results. If a member won’t follow rules on topics, then they’re spammers and should be dealt with in accordance to forum policy.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

thanks. ^_^ what grade are you in? i realized that your vocabulary words are very good. and i want to know if mine needs a boost.
I climbed and climbed, ignoring the bitter cold that had already begun to sink its fangs in my exposed skin. Then, i saw itز A black figure stood as if it were waiting for my arrival.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 25 July 2012 11:51 AM

thanks. ^_^ what grade are you in? i realized that your vocabulary words are very good. and i want to know if mine needs a boost.
I climbed and climbed, ignoring the bitter cold that had already begun to sink its fangs in my exposed skin. Then, i saw it. A black figure stood as if it were waiting for my arrival.

Treading with care, I increased my speed, eager to unravel the mystery of the mountain.

I could recall when I was but a child, and that same other-worldly feel dominated the land. I had always sought to uncover every secret, leave no rock unturned, until my heart’s desire had been found.

I recently graduated from High School, so I’ll be a Freshman in college. People on my blog seem to think me much older, considering my subscribers vary from their twenties to perhaps their eighties and ninties. Rarely anyone my age or younger. xD

It’s those “rare gems” that make the greatest and most pivotal additions to one’s vocabulary. They may be found in older novels, the likes of Vern, Dumas, Dickens, Doyle, Austen, Shakespeare, etc.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 25 July 2012 04:28 PM
af-fan - 25 July 2012 11:51 AM

Treading with care, I increased my speed, eager to unravel the mystery of the mountain.

I could recall when I was but a child, and that same other-worldly feel dominated the land. I had always sought to uncover every secret, leave no rock unturned, until my heart’s desire had been found.

I recently graduated from High School, so I’ll be a Freshman in college. People on my blog seem to think me much older, considering my subscribers vary from their twenties to perhaps their eighties and ninties. Rarely anyone my age or younger. xD

It’s those “rare gems” that make the greatest and most pivotal additions to one’s vocabulary. They may be found in older novels, the likes of Vern, Dumas, Dickens, Doyle, Austen, Shakespeare, etc.

So that feeling pulled me on, it dragged me toward that human form, the unturned rock. Finally it stood a few feet before me. It could run to me and displace my head from my scrawny neck in a split second, but i shoved that image away. As always curiosity was getting the best of me. The ice around the creature was melting and boiling, as if heat poured out of its pores.
sorry if that sounds stupid i have no ideas XD
good. i was worried that my vocab should be like yours. and seeing that i understood the words you put i see my self ok.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

It was a peculiar noise, to be sure, and one that I would not soon forget. It came from the distant mountain, its icy tip embraced by the feathery milk-white clouds.

I thought it to be the trill of some exotic bird, but I was wrong. Albeit, not terribly so, for a world of wonders awaited me that day, as I climbed the precipitous peak.

So that feeling pulled me on, it dragged me toward that human form, the unturned rock. Finally it stood a few feet before me. It could run to me and displace my head from my scrawny neck in a split second, but i shoved that image away. As always curiosity was getting the best of me. The ice around the creature was melting and boiling, as if heat poured out of its pores.

(Fine… So far it doesn’t seem too bad either… But I could think of many places were half the people would be adding in flying squid aliens for the fun of it.)

Though breathless from excitement, I kept my distance. I could feel the energy radiating from the figure. The presence was certainly dangerous, but it didn’t seem to be malevolent. Then I watched as whatever, whoever, it was changed into wisps of vapor and dissipated. I backed away, slowly because the half-melted snow made the rocks of the mountain slippery, then faster and faster as I grew farther and farther away from the place. The encounter was strange, but it soon began to fade from my memory until one cold, but seemingly normal evening exactly one month later…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

15bubbles - 29 July 2012 03:52 AM

Though breathless from excitement, I kept my distance. I could feel the energy radiating from the figure. The presence was certainly dangerous, but it didn’t seem to be malevolent. Then I watched as whatever, whoever, it was changed into wisps of vapor and dissipated. I backed away, slowly because the half-melted snow made the rocks of the mountain slippery, then faster and faster as I grew farther and farther away from the place. The encounter was strange, but it soon began to fade from my memory until one cold, but seemingly normal evening exactly one month later…

i sat on my porch waiting for them to return. my parents had gone out and, being the older brother, left me in charge. my sweater kept some of the cold out but the wind slapped my face and swirled around my bare ears. i swung the hood of the jacket over my head to keep out the frost. Then, i started to feel warmer, like mother nature had finally become a little sympathetic. yeah get a grip! i thought. but it wasn’t nature that had made me feel warmer. as i kicked back i looked at the roof and i saw the creature. his feet stuck to the wood and his red hot skin radiated the heat. it let go of the ceiling and flopped to the ground landing on its feet. stood in front of me, staring…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 30 July 2012 09:08 AM

i sat on my porch waiting for them to return. my parents had gone out and, being the older brother, left me in charge. my sweater kept some of the cold out but the wind slapped my face and swirled around my bare ears. i swung the hood of the jacket over my head to keep out the frost. Then, i started to feel warmer, like mother nature had finally become a little sympathetic. yeah get a grip! i thought. but it wasn’t nature that had made me feel warmer. as i kicked back i looked at the roof and i saw the creature. his feet stuck to the wood and his red hot skin radiated the heat. it let go of the ceiling and flopped to the ground landing on its feet. stood in front of me, staring…

...but not for long. After it had a satisfactory look at me, it began its approach. I made for the door, but my feet were held firmly in place, as if stuck in concrete. One step. Two steps. Three steps. As it came upon me, it placed a fiery appendage upon my chest, burning a hole through the fabric. Then it phased into my body. I felt power course through me.

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I felt awe at the feeling. I was invincible. For several moments I stood there. My skin had turned a bright pink, from the heat. Then, I smelt smoke. Looking down, I saw the burnt imprints of the creatures feet on the front porch. I could see small licks of flame starting. Then came a crackling from above. The perch the creature had made of my house was already burning. My house was on fire. I ran…

I would appreciate any criticism you guys have. I’m used to writing essays, not books, so I don’t know how good this is. Whoever writes next, will he try to save the house? Or just his siblings? Or will he run in fear. Remember, he has some power now, what could that be, and what can he use it for?

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Did I ruin the story? Nobody has posted a new part since I did. I’ll redo it if you guys want.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Leabhar - 16 August 2012 08:10 PM

Did I ruin the story? Nobody has posted a new part since I did. I’ll redo it if you guys want.

No, you didn’t ruin it, and you used some good description too! Quite creative.
There haven’t been many posts in the Talking Shop (for a few days), have there? With exception to dreams. *lightbulb* I’ll try and make an addition soon. If nobody posts after me, I’ll just revise this post.