Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ideas for another AF book ( if you were to write one)

Poll: should he write another AF book?
Total Votes: 4
yes
no
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

it hit me a few seconds ago: lets say that he was to write another book ( just saying that hurts :(  ) what do you think it should be about? i really dont know raspberry
maybe about when he is older, and… no other ideas raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

To be honest, (and I still haven’t read the last book so I could be wrong), I feel like it should have ended a few books back. I love the series, but it just burnt out.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 05:55 PM

To be honest, (and I still haven’t read the last book so I could be wrong), I feel like it should have ended a few books back. I love the series, but it just burnt out.

omg omg. i just cant. yes, ideas have run out. but i just cant say goodbye.  end it a few books back? absolutely not !now might be a good time. YOU littlemiss.fowl! YOU haven’t read the last book? i could lend it to you if i could raspberry. get a kindle, much easier to get books. find it at the library or something!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

....I can’t afford the book its self, how would I afford a kindle? See, I don’t have a job (because I’m under 16), and my family doesn’t have much money. I’m going to wait until I have enough money that buying it won’t make me feel guilty for the rest of forever. (I have one $20 bill left, and Christmas and my birthday are months away, and all of my family’s library cards are in debt because my family has issues with deadlines apparently -.-)
I don’t mean just cut it off a few books back, I mean write the last book a few books back. I love the recent books, but when compared to the first they’re just so different. They just feel tired.
But this is all off topic, the point is that I think Mr.Colfer knew when to end the series and I trust in his disicion.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 06:29 PM

I don’t mean just cut it off a few books back, I mean write the last book a few books back. I love the recent books, but when compared to the first they’re just so different. They just feel tired.
But this is all off topic, the point is that I think Mr.Colfer knew when to end the series and I trust in his disicion.

yes, never doubt Mr.Colfer. why are we totally the opposite of each other? i didnt like the first book in comparasion to the 3rd and 4th and 5th and 6th. but 7th? yes. 8th? in between. the second was much better that the first too.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

To be blatantly honest, I didn’t like TAC. I just thought that I could predict the storyline and i didn’t get some of the jokes. There was one about something with a T and I always got confused >.< Im going to reread it soon, before I read TLG. I hope that TLG is really good so that TAC is just my least favorite. If the last two are bad that would be really sad.. But Eoin is so amazing I doubt thats even possible.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Fowl Fan 4evr - 22 July 2012 07:24 PM

To be blatantly honest, I didn’t like TAC. I just thought that I could predict the storyline and i didn’t get some of the jokes. There was one about something with a T and I always got confused >.< Im going to reread it soon, before I read TLG. I hope that TLG is really good so that TAC is just my least favorite. If the last two are bad that would be really sad.. But Eoin is so amazing I doubt thats even possible.

no dont worry, the TLG isnt bad. verryy nice.
and i didnt like TAC either, but i understood the jokes. that was all i liked about it. and it felt weird to see that AF had a desiese, felt sad :(

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

It would be interesting if he wrote a brother series more from Holly’s point of view and her life before she joined the LEP and met Artemis. Yeah, that would be cool

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Holly808 - 25 July 2012 10:20 PM

It would be interesting if he wrote a brother series more from Holly’s point of view and her life before she joined the LEP and met Artemis. Yeah, that would be cool

It’s a great idea, but I’m not sure how interesting her life was before Arty. But if it can be done, then it should be.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 25 July 2012 10:25 PM
Holly808 - 25 July 2012 10:20 PM

It’s a great idea, but I’m not sure how interesting her life was before Arty. But if it can be done, then it should be.

yeah LMF has a point. and without artemis it wouldnt be as exciting. but he could write about the time her mom died. *poor holly!*. so yeah it might just work!

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2012-08-07

PM

af-fan - 20 July 2012 06:17 PM

omg omg. i just cant. yes, ideas have run out. but i just cant say goodbye.  end it a few books back? absolutely not !now might be a good time. YOU littlemiss.fowl! YOU haven’t read the last book? i could lend it to you if i could raspberry. get a kindle, much easier to get books. find it at the library or something!

I agree with LMF, the books did start feeling tired, and so different than the first one. And af-fan, what’s the point of making more books if you yourself have said that you think the ideas have ran out?

Rank

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

ArtemisPotter21 - 19 August 2012 09:47 AM
af-fan - 20 July 2012 06:17 PM

I agree with LMF, the books did start feeling tired, and so different than the first one. And af-fan, what’s the point of making more books if you yourself have said that you think the ideas have ran out?

A. I think there could be more stories, but I would want a plot without a central Villian, like maybe just a book with them trying to save the planet with Aremis’s PLAN .

I think the reason why they seem tired is because we Had the same villian for several books. I think like The lost colony which has a totally different theme was very refreshing.

So here is a Set of quotes from an interview with Mr. Colfer. He basically says artemis’s story is done.

“Eoin, you’re wrapping the Artemis Fowl series up in your latest book.  How did you feel saying goodbye to the characters you created over ten years ago?

Mr. Colfer- I was relieved to finally type ‘the end’ after 14 years of work, but now that I am out in the world talking about it, I am beginning to feel a little sad. I have had people actually crying with real tears. I don’t want to make kids cry, apart from my own obviously - just kidding. I don’t want to make any kids sad. But it is better that they are sad now than bored in a couple of years.

After creating such a detailed world, was it difficult making sure you tied all the loose ends up?
Mr. Colfer- It was difficult especially with my terrible memory. Luckily my brilliant editor, Sarah, kept an eye on my work to make sure everyone was accounted for. Also I left a couple of strands dangling in case I ever want to return to the fairy world. Not to Artemis though, his tale is told.

Here is the full interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/articles/i-cant-believe-artemis-fowl-is-ending