Welcome guest, please Login or Register

if EC were to read this, what would you say to him?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

well?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

People really want to talk to him, I guess. (There was a topic like this at the old site, too.)
I think I’d be too intimidated to say anything. If I saw him I think I’d just sorta give him a respectful nod and say “thanks.” But I’d probably be so nervous that I’d run into a pole or something.
(BTW, AF-Fan, he was a teacher, so if you were going to send that to him then capitalization might be important. I mean, just because “mr. colfer” shows less respect than “Mr. Colfer.”)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 17 July 2012 05:56 PM

People really want to talk to him, I guess. (There was a topic like this at the old site, too.)
I think I’d be too intimidated to say anything. If I saw him I think I’d just sorta give him a respectful nod and say “thanks.” But I’d probably be so nervous that I’d run into a pole or something.
(BTW, AF-Fan, he was a teacher, so if you were going to send that to him then capitalization might be important. I mean, just because “mr. colfer” shows less respect than “Mr. Colfer.”)

\

HAHA. you read that, immediatley regretted ever posting that, did it at night. should have thought it through, in the morning i was so relieved to see that there were no views and like: where the hell is that delete button!!! english is not the main language where im currently living ( but im american still ;P) so im like: what if there is a mistake? im such a total moron to say that im in tenth grade should have said 4th or something!?!?!
i wouldnt be so shy, id be like : omg eoin colfer i like totally worship you!!!! haha XD i dont get shy easily, ( unless im talking to some cute older boy then ok id freak XD)
i dont usually pay attention to caps, cuz microsoft word usually does it for me XD.
and in my opinion, post something. even if he doesnt read it we would like to see what you would say to him. i said if he were to READ this not TELL HIM THIS IF HE EVER HAPPENED TO JUMP OUT FROM UNDER YOUR BED ON X-MAS! XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

btw, does anyone ever tell you that your crazy? im looking at the countdown at my old site and siblings are like: you get excited over the dumbest things! then- omg a new telitubies episode or something! make popcorn, pull the blinds, shut the doors let no one in so we could watch in peace. like really? XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 17 July 2012 06:30 PM

i dont get shy easily, ( unless im talking to some cute older boy then ok id freak XD)

I’ve been told that I have too much confidence, and I’ve been told that I’m too shy. It really depends on who I’m dealing with. And if “who I’m dealing with” happens to be someone I like, then my confidence takes over my mouth (people tend to be attracted to confidence, I just take it to a whole knew level XD), but my shyness takes over my body (I blush and fiddle with my hands). It’s like the Awkward Meter shoots through the roof.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 17 July 2012 06:41 PM
af-fan - 17 July 2012 06:30 PM

i dont get shy easily, ( unless im talking to some cute older boy then ok id freak XD)

I’ve been told that I have too much confidence, and I’ve been told that I’m too shy. It really depends on who I’m dealing with. And if “who I’m dealing with” happens to be someone I like, then my confidence takes over my mouth (people tend to be attracted to confidence, I just take it to a whole knew level XD), but my shyness takes over my body (I blush and fiddle with my hands). It’s like the Awkward Meter shoots through the roof.

hahaha! anyway we changed the subject! your supposed to be posting something for EC. lets say that he reads this stuff ( personally i would so i would know what people think about me and my book ) . so write something!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 18 July 2012 08:28 AM

hahaha! anyway we changed the subject! your supposed to be posting something for EC. lets say that he reads this stuff ( personally i would so i would know what people think about me and my book ) . so write something!

Sure, but you’re just as off topic. I mean, telling me to be in topic isn’t on topic unless you also try to get back on topic. Just sayin’.

I’ve been thinking about it, and I really don’t think I’d say anything because I know it would come out wrong.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 18 July 2012 05:32 PM
af-fan - 18 July 2012 08:28 AM

Sure, but you’re just as off topic. I mean, telling me to be in topic isn’t on topic unless you also try to get back on topic. Just sayin’.

I’ve been thinking about it, and I really don’t think I’d say anything because I know it would come out wrong.

ok. first thats hilarious! second: your really persnickety- in a positive way cuz you end up funny. third: ok. dont do the same mistake i did and write something and regret it and feel like cracking your skull by charging it at the wall in front of you XD.
buuuutt… i can see that you cant work up the courage to write something, nothing wrong with that…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 18 July 2012 06:10 PM

... i can see that you cant work up the courage to write something, nothing wrong with that…

It’s more like I don’t know what I’d say. I mean, he’s already been told a million time that he’s a good writer, and of it didn’t get through to him then then it wouldn’t get through to him if I said it. The books led to events that saved me from myself, but that much responsibility might freak a person out. I just don’t see that I’d say anything worth his time reading.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

If Mr. Colfer were to read this I would tell him how much I’ve enjoyed the audio versions of his Artemis Fowl books. I would also have to say that Nathaniel Parker does an amazing job with them. So good, in fact, that it’s hard to imagine he didn’t have some part in writing them. Perhaps that’s what good acting is all about but for me a reader does to a book much more than a screenwriter can do by trying to make the book into a movie.

Enn Reitel did a good job on “The Time Paradox.” I do give him credit. However, Nathaniel Parker has done all the rest and I’m hoping that it is he who will be reading “The Last Guardian” for us.

Thank you Eoin Colfer for these great books.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 18 July 2012 06:53 PM
af-fan - 18 July 2012 06:10 PM

... i can see that you cant work up the courage to write something, nothing wrong with that…

It’s more like I don’t know what I’d say. I mean, he’s already been told a million time that he’s a good writer, and of it didn’t get through to him then then it wouldn’t get through to him if I said it.

The books led to events that saved me from myself, but that much responsibility might freak a person out. I just don’t see that I’d say anything worth his time reading.

thought that sentence would get you to say something ;P haha, no it wouldn’t freak someone out i think.  your right, i mean everyones told him that he’s a great writer, and why would he read our posts in the first place? even though if i were a writer i would be on this site everyday, and make an account to talk to my readers, see their opinion! but then again hes got to be reaaaaaaal busy!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 20 July 2012 08:10 AM

even though if i were a writer i would be on this site everyday, and make an account to talk to my readers, see their opinion!

Think about the things we’ve said about him. That would scare me away. Maybe it’s just my commitment issues, but I would get really freaked out.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 08:56 AM
af-fan - 20 July 2012 08:10 AM

even though if i were a writer i would be on this site everyday, and make an account to talk to my readers, see their opinion!

Think about the things we’ve said about him. That would scare me away. Maybe it’s just my commitment issues, but I would get really freaked out.

nah i wouldn’t be freaked out. i’d be waving my hand like those movie stars do even though no one is watching, and i would be laughing so hard too. raspberry. saying: these people are crazy!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-07-19

PM

If Eoin Colfer was to read this, I would tell him how much of an inspiration he is to me. I really wanted to go to his event in DC yesterday but wasn’t able to make it. I am determined to make it to one of his events some day, however! His books have made me laugh, cry and get angry right along with the characters. I’m a writer, and I have written two books (holding off on publishing until I figure out all the legal-stuff). When I write my stories, I want to write them like Eoin Colfer does. I want to pull in my readers and create a whole new world that they can experience, just like he does. He has always been my inspiration, and it is my dream for him to sign the two books that I wrote (I have paperback owner copies). So if Eoin Colfer was to read this, I would tell him thank you for being such a good example and for spurring me on and making me desire to write better and better every day. And watch out! Some day you’ll be reading my books too wink

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 73

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

If Eoin was reading this I would say “Father my children.” And that would be all

Well I could also say that I have a shrine to him at my house

But thats besides the point ^.^

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Celestina - 20 July 2012 05:01 PM

If Eoin Colfer was to read this, I would tell him how much of an inspiration he is to me. I really wanted to go to his event in DC yesterday but wasn’t able to make it. I am determined to make it to one of his events some day, however! His books have made me laugh, cry and get angry right along with the characters. I’m a writer, and I have written two books (holding off on publishing until I figure out all the legal-stuff). When I write my stories, I want to write them like Eoin Colfer does. I want to pull in my readers and create a whole new world that they can experience, just like he does. He has always been my inspiration, and it is my dream for him to sign the two books that I wrote (I have paperback owner copies). So if Eoin Colfer was to read this, I would tell him thank you for being such a good example and for spurring me on and making me desire to write better and better every day. And watch out! Some day you’ll be reading my books too wink

lovely. and i would love to read your work. mind telling me around what age you are? just so i can see at what age does a person start writing. my dad is all like: “your a great writer! write girl write!” and i tell you him ” and you know this how? the last time you read anything i wrote i was in 4th grade, and since then i have lost the talent of drawing and apparantly writing is slipping too.!!!” and then we have a long talk -.- fffffttt