Welcome guest, please Login or Register

What book are you reading now?

Rank

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

Farengar - 04 October 2012 10:52 AM

Wait, should we make a politics topic in Talking Shop??

Please do. This has gone a bit off-topic.

To get right back on topic, I’m reading House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz.

Rank

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

Farengar - 04 October 2012 10:43 PM

Who is that?

He’s a little-known English author.

: )

Rank

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

Farengar - 05 October 2012 10:50 AM

Well, I can tell he is little known, but what does he write?

Books, movies, TV shows, short stories, plays.

http://www.anthonyhorowitz.com/

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Foaly - 04 October 2012 11:07 AM

I pre-ordered the House of Silk and read it shortly after it came out. I even wrote a little review on it. raspberry
Fantastic writing, quite like Doyle. But most certainly not for children. It is a novel for adults, through and through.

@Farengar: He’s also a New York Times Bestseller. Ever heard of the Alex Rider series? That’s his most popular work.

Rank

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

David Auteur - 05 October 2012 05:28 PM

I pre-ordered the House of Silk and read it shortly after it came out. I even wrote a little review on it. raspberry
Fantastic writing, quite like Doyle. But most certainly not for children. It is a novel for adults, through and through.

@Farengar: He’s also a New York Times Bestseller. Ever heard of the Alex Rider series? That’s his most popular work.

It’s not for children but I think ot’s suitable for mature readers whether they are in their teens or older. Without revealing any spoilers there’s only one aspect of the story that’s quite unpleasant but it’s only revealed late in the book and is not described in any great detail.

It’s a great read though.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Foaly - 12 October 2012 12:11 PM
David Auteur - 05 October 2012 05:28 PM

It’s not for children but I think ot’s suitable for mature readers whether they are in their teens or older. Without revealing any spoilers there’s only one aspect of the story that’s quite unpleasant but it’s only revealed late in the book and is not described in any great detail.

It’s a great read though.

Agreed. However, the melancholy motivator for Holmes was a tad bit graphic.

RankRank

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2012-12-01

PM

Oh yeah, Foaly, you had a triple-post time there. BREAK ALL OF YOUR OWN RULES! Anyway, I am reading Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Awesome book

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Mehrunes Dagon - 05 December 2012 12:48 AM

Oh yeah, Foaly, you had a triple-post time there. BREAK ALL OF YOUR OWN RULES! Anyway, I am reading Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Awesome book

(Are you sure you’re a newbie?....You seem….familiar….)
Double (or triple) posts don’t really count if there’s a post between them but the member has been deleted. At least, that’s how I see it.

I finished Animal Farm (or at least the few chapters I plan on ever reading of that book….) for English class recently. I can never seem to get myself to ever finish the books we read for that class, but I sit there and do the essays and worksheets for them anyways.
I’m currently supposed to be reading The Forest of Hands and Teeth for English, but I can’t seem to bring myself past the first few chapters of that.

RankRank

Joined 2012-12-01

PM

Nope. Never been here before. What makes me seem so familiar? Animal Farm is creepy or so I have heard. Tom Sawyer sucks… Miserably

Rank

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

Nope! It may look like triple posting but it wan’t. As you can see each of my replies includes a quote from Farengar - and those messages were between mine. But Farengar asked for an account deletion so all of his messages were also removed.

And just to stay on topic I’m currently reading Lady of the Shades by Darren Shan.

RankRank

Joined 2012-12-01

PM

Foaly - 05 December 2012 09:33 AM

Nope! It may look like triple posting but it wan’t. As you can see each of my replies includes a quote from Farengar - and those messages were between mine. But Farengar asked for an account deletion so all of his messages were also removed.

And just to stay on topic I’m currently reading Lady of the Shades by Darren Shan.

I was wondering… Why did he ask for account deletion? Did he not like it here? Anyway, I am now reading Ruins of Gorlan in The Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan

Rank

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

Leabhar - 03 August 2012 08:59 PM

I’ve read most of the Kingdom Keepers. On the fifth one now. I thought it would be for younger kids, but their ok. I like them. Recommend them to anyone who loves books and Disney.

Nothing like that, he’s still here in fact. He had regiostered under another username and wanted to delete the extra account.

RankRank

Joined 2012-12-01

PM

Ah. I was wonderin’... I am beginning to wonder weather or not I should write my book instead of reading books…

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I just finished a school assignment on the book The Age of Miracles. I read most of the book….XD It wasn’t too wonderful. The author made every sentence seem way too over dramatic, and it was just boring in general. It’s about the Earth’s rotation getting all messed up and days are made longer. But the story revolves (lol, “revolves”) around a girl who’s life is just….average. She has a ton of drama but she’s just so average that it’s not interesting.