Welcome guest, please Login or Register

What book are you reading now?

RankRank

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I’m reading Til, José de Alencar. It is TERRIBLE. It’s for school. Do you have to read TERRIBLE books for school, too?

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Things Fall Apart, Animal Farm, Romeo & Juliet, Lord of the Flies, Night, The Kite Runner

All horrible, and I had to read them all

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

Just finished reading Plugged by Eoin Colfer, and thinking about moving on to XO by Jeffery Deaver (my favourite author of all time). <3 crime fiction

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Leabhar - 04 August 2012 04:29 AM

The Kite Runner

I’m reading that book for school XD We’re supposed to make annotations on theme, plot (LOL, plot XD), characterization, all that boring stuff. Instead I’m making annotations on the narrator’s daddy-issues XD I’m getting really into it because of that, though. Plus I figure it’s better to enjoy a book and do what you want then hate a book because of something you’ll probably do wrong anyways. In other words: I’ll probably fail either way. Might as well do it in style B)

RankRank

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Leabhar - 04 August 2012 04:29 AM

Things Fall Apart, Animal Farm, Romeo & Juliet, Lord of the Flies, Night, The Kite Runner

All horrible, and I had to read them all

For school? All of them?
Oh! My class had to watch Animal Farm and Lord of the Flies. I liked the first one - it’s a great way of telling what happened to Russia after Lenin -, the second made me have nightmares for weeks. O.O

Llittlems.fowl you’re not gonna fail, you’re really smart
And I loved your technique (sorry, no idea about how to write this word O.O)

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

At the moment I’m trying to finish reading Tom Sawyer. It is definitely good for how far I’ve gotten in it. I’m just trying to finish my school reading in the next two weeks since I have to go back on the 27th raspberry

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2012-08-07

PM

stefanlover12 - 12 August 2012 01:50 AM

At the moment I’m trying to finish reading Tom Sawyer. It is definitely good for how far I’ve gotten in it. I’m just trying to finish my school reading in the next two weeks since I have to go back on the 27th raspberry

Oeh, I finished that a couple of months ago! I love the ending. Overall it was a good book, the one thing that I didn’t really like was how much I felt the second part of it was way better than the first part.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I’ve been buying so many books lately… The next I plan on reading is called 13 Reasons Why…. And I also need to finish Dracula… which I started about a year ago now.

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I’ve bought a couple of books. Hopefully can get through them.

Just finished the first Arthur Quinn book (Irish setting, much like Fowl series) so I’ve just bought the 2nd. I’ve also bought the first Artemis Fowl book to get back into the series and then Battle Royale (as I’ve heard the Hunger Games has loose ties to it). Hoping these will give buck for value smile

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2012-08-09

PM

Read Zack’s Lie. . . It’s really good. And Tangerine.

*Sorry I usually read like 50 books at once. . .can’t focus on just one*

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I’m currently reading Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children for school, and it’s okay. It’s a bit strange, what with the slightly corny plot twists and such.
I was supposed to read The Kite Runner over the summer, but never finished it, and now I have an essay for it due tomorrow but I don’t think I’ll do it.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Farengar - 04 October 2012 12:51 AM

I am currently reading See, I Told You So, by Rush Limbaugh…

Aww, poor baby! Why? That man always seems so upset!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Farengar - 04 October 2012 01:56 AM

(1)Poor baby?? What?!?! (2)And he is awesome!

1. I’m being sentimental today. It’s actually starting to freak me out.
2. ....Let’s not get into a political debate. I mean, I try to stay neutral, but some people are just obviously not fit to be in the leadership positions they’re granted.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Farengar - 04 October 2012 02:39 AM

I just finished watching the Presidential Debate on Fox and for starters, Obama has about two fine points to his speech, Romney has an entire brigade of fine points. I am a republican, so I probably would go farther into the stuff for the Republicans, but that’s just me… As for Rush Limbaugh, he seems to be a neutral party, so he has a more fine, clear view of things than the rest of us.

Of course Fox is only gonna show you Romney’s good points and Obama’s bad ones XD Fox is a republican network, which is fine, but they’re going to be biased. Plus, Romney is a danger to anyone who is LGBT and their families/friends, to immigrants, and to my generation in general. Obama isn’t my cup of tea, but at least I don’t feel as threatened with him around. Plus, Romney is electing to give big oil companies more money, but not for “more jobs” (which is what he’s saying). No, we all know it’s because they’re funding his campain.
Limbaugh is against abortions and giving birth control as part of health care, so what’s he expect girls to do exactly? Have more children, over populate, and ultimetly limit our resourses even farther?
I’m sorry, I feel really bad about posting this….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Farengar - 04 October 2012 03:25 AM

Well, so you are liberal? Interesting… Fox showed the entire thing live though… All of the good points, bad points and all points in between…

I’m not liberal, I’m just against being against humanity. I agree with a lot of conservative points, but I’m not going to think myself better than anyone just because being one way made me so. I was born in America, and I was fortunate, but I’m not going to look down on those who just want to live in the same land as me, and who actually have to work hard to get to the place I was given just by being born.
Plus, at least Obama’s trying to rebuild education. Romney even mentioned canceling PBS, and because I was born at a not to fantastic time for my family, my mum didn’t have much time to focus on my individualized education as much as she wanted, and my dad was never really around, so PBS was how I learned a lot of things until I started preschool, and I came from a family that put education above everything. For some kids PBS is their first and most monumentious learning experience (I feel like I contradicting my point with my horrible spelling XD), and I’m not sure how our nation would fair without it.
But this is SUPER off topic. In fact, I should delete all the things I’ve said so far….