Welcome guest, please Login or Register

What book are you reading now?

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Original topic by Eaber.
Do I really need to elaborate on the title?
I really liked this topic on the old forum because I found a lot of good books through it…
So the one I’m reading currently is There Is No Dog by Meg Rosoff. So far, I love it!
This is the best description I found: What if God were a teenaged boy?

In the beginning, Bob created the heavens and the earth and the beasts of the field and the creatures of the sea, and twenty-five million other species (including lots of cute girls). But mostly he prefers eating junk food and leaving his dirty clothes in a heap at the side of his bed.

Every time he falls in love, Earth erupts in natural disasters, and it’s usually Bob’s beleaguered assistant, Mr. B., who is left cleaning up the mess. So humankind is going to be very sorry indeed that Bob ever ran into a beautiful, completely irresistible girl called Lucy . . .

It’s funny, surprising and profound. :D You should read it.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

currently, im reading ms. peregrine’s house for peculiar children. i love it so far, but its starting to get mushy and it contains a sufficient amount of bad language ( not that i dont know all the bad words, i secretly do… weird how parents can think that their children are angels) i dont know if i should continue it, so i will buy wish list on my kindle. but it is so far… awesome: scary- mysterious- fantasy. my 3 favorite words!

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

At the current moment I am planning one reading Airborn by Kenneth Oppel. Here’s the description:

Matt Cruse is a cabin boy on the Aurora, a huge airship that sails hundreds of feet above the ocean, ferrying wealthy passengers from city to city. It is the life Matt’s always wanted; convinced he’s lighter than air, he imagines himself as buoyant as the hydrium gas that powers his ship. One night he meets a dying balloonist who speaks of beautiful creatures drifting through the skies. It is only after Matt meets the balloonist’s granddaughter that he realizes that the man’s ravings may, in fact, have been true, and that the creatures are completely real and utterly mysterious.

In a swashbuckling adventure reminiscent of Jules Verne and Robert Louis Stevenson, Kenneth Oppel, author of the best-selling Silverwing trilogy, creates an imagined world in which the air is populated by transcontinental voyagers, pirates, and beings never before dreamed of by the humans who sail the skies.

It looks like a good book, and I will let you guys know what I think about it when I get into it by updating this post.

PS I am now done with all three books. Let me tell you they were great. The second book is Skybreaker, then Starclimber. Loved them all.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

af-fan - 17 July 2012 11:32 AM

currently, im reading ms. peregrine’s house for peculiar children. i love it so far, but its starting to get mushy and it contains a sufficient amount of bad language ( not that i dont know all the bad words, i secretly do… weird how parents can think that their children are angels) i dont know if i should continue it, so i will buy wish list on my kindle. but it is so far… awesome: scary- mysterious- fantasy. my 3 favorite words!

finished it a long time ago ( 4 days is a long time ago to me raspberry) loved it, except that the ending was… as if incomplete. they go on a mission in the end. thats it. of course the rest of the story was splendid, deffinitely recommend it.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I’ve just started on the Hunger Games trilogy. I would’ve read it earlier but I was put off by the fact that it was written in present-tense and the waiting list for it at my library was literally six months when I looked. But my “Uncle” Steve lent all three books to me, so I’ve started reading it. Only a couple of chapters in and it’s much better than I thought it would be.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

gsppcrocks10 - 20 July 2012 04:41 PM

I’ve just started on the Hunger Games trilogy. I would’ve read it earlier but I was put off by the fact that it was written in present-tense and the waiting list for it at my library was literally six months when I looked. But my “Uncle” Steve lent all three books to me, so I’ve started reading it. Only a couple of chapters in and it’s much better than I thought it would be.

im going to buy it in about a month, well more. in a month ill start airman, then plugged, then hunger games raspberry. i read so fast ( 5 books a week) so my dad wants me to take a break, a long one apparantly. doing what? i have no idea raspberry i guess ill be on this site for a while.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I’m in the middle of a few books.

I started reading Dracula almost a year ago and never finished (must do that soon), I’m also reading The Last Guardian (almost finished at this point), The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card for school, and City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

stefanlover12 - 27 July 2012 08:26 AM

I started reading Dracula almost a year ago and never finished (must do that soon), I’m also reading The Last Guardian (almost finished at this point), The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card for school, and City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare.

tell me which ones are nice. i need to have a long list before me before i start reading again ( on exactly august 20th XD)

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Right now im reading Fire by Kristin Cashore but her best books EVER were Graceling and Fire and you should all read them since they’re seriously amazing. I’m also reading this book called Hunger Pains and another book called Artemis Fowl: The Lost Guardian. Anyone ever heard of it? xP I haven’t finished it though so DONT SAY ANYTHING

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Fowl Fan 4evr - 28 July 2012 05:50 PM

Right now im reading Fire by Kristin Cashore but her best books EVER were Graceling and Fire and you should all read them since they’re seriously amazing. I’m also reading this book called Hunger Pains and another book called Artemis Fowl: The Lost Guardian. Anyone ever heard of it? xP I haven’t finished it though so DONT SAY ANYTHING

ok. but finish it soon. i bought TLG one night, next morning i started it, and before 8:00 pm i had finished it and talked to my cousin who told me to buy a book. i did and read the first two chapters. all before 8:00! cant believe it though.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

lol im purposely not reading it. Its never over. IT NEVER WILL BE OVER

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Well, I finished another book that was 481 pages in one day. I thought it was good. It’s call Heroes of the Valley by Jonathan Stroud. It was good enough to make me stay up until 1:30 AM to finish it. Most books are though for me. Here’s the description:

Halli Sveinsson is stumpy and swarthy, with a quick mind and an aptitude for getting in trouble. Bored with everyday chores and shepherding, he enjoys playing practical jokes.  When he plays a trick on Ragnar of the House of Hakonsson, he sets in motion a chain of events that will forever alter his destiny.  He is forced to leave home and go on a hero’s quest complete with highway robbers, terrifying monsters, and a girl who may be as fearless as he is. Along the way he will discover the truth about the legends, his family, and himself.

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Now that I’m done with Heroes in the Valley, I am beginning to read Steel Trapp: The Challenge. Another great book I think. The sequel to that is Steel Trapp: The Academy. Both are great.

Something I havn’t read in awhile is The Hobbit. Whenever I started reading The Lord of the Rings I would get bored after awhile, but I couldn’t put down The Hobbit.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 28 July 2012 03:41 PM

tell me which ones are nice. i need to have a long list before me before i start reading again ( on exactly august 20th XD)

Almost any of Cassandra Clare’s books are good… She is mainly know for the Mortal Instruments Series (City of Lost Souls is one of the books) and the Infernal Devices Trilogy… Both are really good and take place in the same universe just different place and times in history.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

stefanlover12 - 29 July 2012 01:20 AM
af-fan - 28 July 2012 03:41 PM

Almost any of Cassandra Clare’s books are good… She is mainly know for the Mortal Instruments Series (City of Lost Souls is one of the books) and the Infernal Devices Trilogy… Both are really good and take place in the same universe just different place and times in history.

ok thanks. now ive got a really really really really long list. on august 20th im gonna buy them and read them one after the other. * daddy get your wallet ready- and prepare yourself for a nervous breakdown* XD
i <3 my kindle. raspberry raspberry raspberry raspberry XDXDXD

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I’ve read most of the Kingdom Keepers. On the fifth one now. I thought it would be for younger kids, but their ok. I like them. Recommend them to anyone who loves books and Disney.