Welcome guest, please Login or Register

who read it?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

do you like it? i havent read it but i think that the novel will be better. anyone read it?

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I read it, and liked it. It is basically the exact same as the book, but might leave out details (haven’t read it for awhile). Of course the way some of the characters were made too look conflicted with my original ideas, but oh well. I did like how they made Artemis, Holly, Butler, Juliet, and Root. I did not like Foaly, Mulch, Goblins and the Troll. I’m over it now though. Apart from that I liked it very much.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Leabhar - 19 July 2012 05:29 PM

I read it, and liked it. It is basically the exact same as the book, but might leave out details (haven’t read it for awhile). Of course the way some of the characters were made too look conflicted with my original ideas, but oh well. I did like how they made Artemis, Holly, Butler, Juliet, and Root. I did not like Foaly, Mulch, Goblins and the Troll. I’m over it now though. Apart from that I liked it very much.

im not going to buy it either way, read the book so why should i buy it. but ive seen artemis and i didnt like him, correction: i didnt like his hair. it looks like he had gel on it and i absolutely hate gel! XD just my opinion

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I just got both of the graphic books for the heck of it but, I honestly would suggest to get a good manga artist because the current drawings are slightly disturbing…what happened to Butlers’ head for starters?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I have the graphic novels… They aren’t exactly my favorite thing in the world mainly for the illustrations.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

stefanlover12 - 25 July 2012 11:33 PM

I have the graphic novels… They aren’t exactly my favorite thing in the world mainly for the illustrations.

yup. they ruin my image of the characters. for example i never expected artemis to look so… so… ugly. :( sorry about that. i stare at the pictures on artemisfowl.com and moan. how can it be, where are his bright blue eyes?
if i could draw i would!

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

As far as the art goes, I agree the style might be a bit… obscure.
But honestly, I think they did as well a job as anyone could do; I mean, sure, there are loads of fanart that are drawn in an anime style, but could you picture Artemis Fowl as a… manga? I, for one, could not.

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

I haven’t read it yet, but I’m planning on buying it purely for collection purposes

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

InvaderTAQ - 19 August 2012 11:23 AM

I haven’t read it yet, but I’m planning on buying it purely for collection purposes

That had actually been my main reason… They could be pretty valuable one day.

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

I started collecting AF when I was 11, so I’m keen to have all the books. Plus I have OCD, and like complete collections. Even if I don’t like a book, I’ll have it purely for collection purposes. I think Major Winchester said it best on M*A*S*H (he was referring to a book he didn’t like but kept as part of a collection), when he said that a collection with a missing book has all the appeal of a smile with a missing tooth

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

and i cant buy it! arrrrg!!! mainly cuz AF is not in this country yet. i get my books from america and from kindle.
i am getting my friends to obsess over AF! yaaaaaaaaaa!