Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Sequel?

Poll: Should there be another Supernaturalist book?
Total Votes: 5
Yes
No
RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I thought this was another great book and I want to know if there is a planned sequel? Does anybody know? If Eoin Colfer is reading this I would appreciate an answer. Thank you.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

i thought there was gonna be, but i think not. well since eoin is done with his AF bussiness, maybe hell have time to focus on this book. i really loved it and it would be a total shame if eoin didnt write a sequel to it!

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I agree. I thought that the ending hinted at another book. The way the bad woman lived and got away to try again. And Ditto saying that it only just begun, that there were other creatures. We can only see and hope.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

It did look like there’d be another book, but, being that the book was written years ago, I don’t think there will be. It would be great if there was another one, though.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 19 July 2012 07:11 PM

It did look like there’d be another book, but, being that the book was written years ago, I don’t think there will be. It would be great if there was another one, though.

littlems.fowl: the negative one. why couldnt you say that about half moon investigations?! i’ll die if there isnt another supernaturalist book!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 20 July 2012 04:02 PM

littlems.fowl: the negative one. why couldnt you say that about half moon investigations?! i’ll die if there isnt another supernaturalist book!

I’m sorry! And I don’t know if there’ll be another Half Moon, either, but seeing that there’s a show based on it it’s slightly more likely.
Anywho, that’s what fan fics are for: like sequels, but not by the same author.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 06:38 PM
af-fan - 20 July 2012 04:02 PM

I’m sorry! And I don’t know if there’ll be another Half Moon, either, but seeing that there’s a show based on it it’s slightly more likely.
Anywho, that’s what fan fics are for: like sequels, but not by the same author.

i forgive you (flutters eyelashes). i dont get it what is a fan fic? ( apparently im new to this kind of stuff!)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

you know, i think i like this book more than AF. for some reason it attracted me from the beginning.anyone agree? thats one. two: does anyone call you a geek cuz you read alot. most of my friends at school call me a nerd and a geek cuz i read and grades are almost my number one priority. yet, im in the second or third group in the list of popular groups XD. dont mean to toot my own horn but its true ( there are like 7 groups in my class raspberry) just wondering if anyone else is called a nerd like me, anyone bearing the pain with me *sniff*.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 21 July 2012 12:22 PM

I don’t get it what is a fan fic? ( apparently I’m new to this kind of stuff!)

A fan fiction is a work of fiction based on a work of fiction. It’s typically written by the fans, but there are lots written by people who hate the original work.

As to being called a nerd: Only jokingly by my friends. I got into an alteration with another kid a few months back, and no one’s messed with me since. (Well, that’s not completely true, my best friend used to beat me up, and her “ex” threatened me plenty, but they were the only ones not scared of the consequences. Idiots.)

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Actually, I heard rumors of a second book. Apparently Stefan can’t peacefully be dead because the way to the Afterlife is blocked off or something. Since the Supernaturalists are the only ones who can see this problem… Story continues!

I actually read The Supernaturalist before AF, and that was made me decide to read Mr. Colfer’s other works. (Thank you, The Supernaturalist.)

If there was a sequel, I wouldn’t mind. But even if the book was left alone, I think that’s O.K. too. To have a sequel without quality would be worse than no sequel.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 22 July 2012 01:16 AM
af-fan - 21 July 2012 12:22 PM

I don’t get it what is a fan fic? ( apparently I’m new to this kind of stuff!)

A fan fiction is a work of fiction based on a work of fiction. It’s typically written by the fans, but there are lots written by people who hate the original work.

As to being called a nerd: Only jokingly by my friends. I got into an alteration with another kid a few months back, and no one’s messed with me since. (Well, that’s not completely true, my best friend used to beat me up, and her “ex” threatened me plenty, but they were the only ones not scared of the consequences. Idiots.)

yeah, idiots they must be! XD. your funny you know? why am i commenting people?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

At one point, Mr. Colfer had talked about writing a sequel to The Supernaturalist, but that was a few years ago. I only know this because I had read an interview done with Mr. Colfer by Matt from AFC (Artemis Fowl Confidential), someone had sent in a question about it (that someone being me…) and Mr. Colfer said he had considered it.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

stefanlover12 - 25 July 2012 12:37 AM

At one point, Mr. Colfer had talked about writing a sequel to The Supernaturalist, but that was a few years ago. I only know this because I had read an interview done with Mr. Colfer by Matt from AFC (Artemis Fowl Confidential), someone had sent in a question about it (that someone being me…) and Mr. Colfer said he had considered it.

soooo in short, is that a yes or no X| . i mean when did you send in the question.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

It was at most a year and a half ago… He said he planned, but wasn’t sure. There more than likely will not be a new book.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

stefanlover12 - 27 July 2012 08:19 AM

It was at most a year and a half ago… He said he planned, but wasn’t sure. There more than likely will not be a new book.

i agree
though there really should be

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 21 July 2012 04:27 PM

you know, i think i like this book more than AF. for some reason it attracted me from the beginning.anyone agree? thats one. two: does anyone call you a geek cuz you read alot. most of my friends at school call me a nerd and a geek cuz i read and grades are almost my number one priority. yet, im in the second or third group in the list of popular groups XD. dont mean to toot my own horn but its true ( there are like 7 groups in my class raspberry) just wondering if anyone else is called a nerd like me, anyone bearing the pain with me *sniff*.

I feel you there. While I’m not that popular, people call me a nerd all the time. Not my best friends, but other kids. It’s mostly because I have all A’s.(One B+ because of a dumb grading system.) It’s not like it is hard to get all A’s. People think I’m smart, but I just do what the teacher tells me, when they tell me. And I don’t just put down anything, I think about it. It’s not that hard. af-fan, if people call you a nerd, view it as a compliment. It means your smart, and your doing the right thing with your education.

In 5th grade I called someone a nerd, meaning to compliment them, but they got upset and told the teacher. I had to apologize.