Welcome guest, please Login or Register

who liked this one?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

i looved it! maybe one little detail irked me a bit ( think you would know what im talking about) honestly im not sure if i like it or not! i mean okay shes like 80 and hes 14, but then again i mean we sorta saw it coming after all they have been through. and they have each other’s eyes for crying out loud. but… anyway it wasnt mentioned again.
i loved the way it was his rescue of the leamur that was the origin of the disease, and how he tried to use magic. amazing.

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I think it is okay with her being 80 and he 14. Because if you think about it another way (I think this is a paradox in English class), he aged to where he was an adult. And she got reversed to being young again. We don’t know just how old she was because of when fairies hit puberty, but they might have been in the same age group. Another way to look at it might be in dog/fairy years.

If humans live naturally to be about 100 and fairies 1000, then one human years equals 10 fairy years. So Artemis would actually be 140 years old in fairy terms.

I’m not sure how reasonable/logical this thinking really is, but it is one way to look at it.

I do agree though that EC never brought it up again. It was touched on a little in the last two books but only once or twice and not very deep. Oh well. Still good book

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Leabhar - 19 July 2012 05:48 PM

I think it is okay with her being 80 and he 14. Because if you think about it another way (I think this is a paradox in English class), he aged to where he was an adult. And she got reversed to being young again. We don’t know just how old she was because of when fairies hit puberty, but they might have been in the same age group. Another way to look at it might be in dog/fairy years.

If humans live naturally to be about 100 and fairies 1000, then one human years equals 10 fairy years. So Artemis would actually be 140 years old in fairy terms.

I’m not sure how reasonable/logical this thinking really is, but it is one way to look at it.

I do agree though that EC never brought it up again. It was touch on a little in the last two books but only once or twice and not very deep. Oh well. Still good book

ok that was smart raspberry but like i said i wasnt sure if i liked that part, but now that you pointed that out i think i do! XD well he’s got to have someone, someone reallly close to him. minerva hasnt been mentioned ever again, and holly is the one who helped him everywhere, and artemis helped her. they were on countless missions together, adventures and stuff. and that mission in the time paradox was AWWKWAAARD! yet exciting. without that scene, im pretty sure that the series would be missing something, right?
btw, how the hell did you work that out? it would take me 4 years to find that out XD if i ever felt like it ( i stink at math)

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

@AF-Fan (I’m too lazy to quote it and cut it down and all that [it’s not so easy on my phone].)
I think the story wouldn’t be missing anything with out it. I feel like it set up this awkward story bit, like it either needed to be elaborate on or never happen in the first place. Like throwing a human into a My Little Pony episode and saying “that’s a bit weird” and then forgetting about it. It’s like the reader’s left going “WTF just happened here O.o”

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 09:04 AM

@AF-Fan (I’m too lazy to quote it and cut it down and all that [it’s not so easy on my phone].)
I think the story wouldn’t be missing anything with out it. I feel like it set up this awkward story bit, like it either needed to be elaborate on or never happen in the first place. Like throwing a human into a My Little Pony episode and saying “that’s a bit weird” and then forgetting about it. It’s like the reader’s left going “WTF just happened here O.o”

you found what i was feeling! thank you! it either should have been put and mentioned again, or not at all. i didnt know how i was feeling about it.  ok, gross. put that aside. but its as if it never happened, and neither artemis nor holly ever even THOUGHT about it. so im like what? am i reading correctly? and i would have expected foaly to bug holly for more info, (as if he needed any!) and artemis ( never meeting that many girls) would have thought about it once in a while, first kiss i mean really?!?!
lol thats funny. i dont know why i hate those ponies, those little tattoos on their butts make me wanna puke, too pinky and girly yuk ( even though im a girl XD)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 20 July 2012 03:54 PM

i dont know why i hate those ponies, those little tattoos on their butts make me wanna puke, too pinky and girly yuk ( even though im a girl XD)

*explodes**pieces self back together* It is NOT girly! When I started watching MLP, I was going through a tomboy phase, and by that I mean I wore boys’ clothes, deepened my voice, acted like a boy and even thought like one AND I STILL LOVED IT LIKE I LOVE ALL MY OBSESSIONS WHEN THEY COME AROUND WHICH IS PRETTY HEAVY AND A LITTLE SCARY! I will love and tolerate your choice not to love and tolerate the most beautiful show I’ve ever seen, but that doesn’t mean I’m all too happy about it.
(Where’s BH when ya need back up? He would really be of help here -.-)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 06:03 PM

i dont know why i hate those ponies, those little tattoos on their butts make me wanna puke, too pinky and girly yuk ( even though im a girl XD)

*explodes**pieces self back together* It is NOT girly!  I will love and tolerate your choice not to love and tolerate the most beautiful show I’ve ever seen, but that doesn’t mean I’m all too happy about it.

thank you. and i will tolerate your choices whenever we have different opinions about something ( which is pretty much always as i see it) who told you that BH will back you up? apparently BH is a boy, and i dont think that he likes MLP. 

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 21 July 2012 12:17 PM

apparently BH is a boy, and i dont think that he likes MLP.

Don’t gender steryotype, especially around here, or you’ll not be having an easy time, being that most of us don’t bow down to gender steryotypes so easy. And he’s the one that forced me to watch it. Go ahead and read his intro topic, we had a discussion on who is best pony.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

*explodes**pieces self back together* It is NOT girly!  I will love and tolerate your choice not to love and tolerate the most beautiful show I’ve ever seen, but that doesn’t mean I’m all too happy about it.

thank you. and i will tolerate your choices whenever we have different opinions about something ( which is pretty much always as i see it) who told you that BH will back you up? apparently BH is a boy, and i dont think that he likes MLP.

I hate to butt into this, but don’t assume you know us here. BH is most definitely a bronie, as am I. LMF wouldn’t have said where is he for back up, if she didn’t known that he was a bronie. He was on the old forums, with LMF, DTM, myself and several others who came back here.

But guys, we should be staying on the topic of things, alright?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

stefanlover12 - 22 July 2012 02:24 AM

to butt into this, but don’t assume you know us here. BH is most definitely a bronie, as am I. LMF wouldn’t have said where is he for back up, if she didn’t known that he was a bronie. He was on the old forums, with LMF, DTM, myself and several others who came back here.

But guys, we should be staying on the topic of things, alright?

ok i got 2 things to say about that:
1- what the hell is a bronie?
2- who said i “assume that i know u “? LMF kept on saying “he” in some other reply, (and you did here too) so im smart enough to conclude this. he=boy. she=girl. so the only thing i ” assumed” that BH is a boy. and i also ” assumed” that “boys:” do not like MLP. that would be awkward. you dont gotta be mean.

but like you said, stay on the topic, really before i lose control of my mouth -er-  fingers.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 22 July 2012 09:25 AM

And I also ” assumed” that “boys” do not like MLP. You don’t have to be mean.

And assuming that was your downfall. And why is boys in quotation marks? We’re not questioning his sexuality, trust me, this debate has already happened. And being mean would have been not telling you he’s a brony and seeing what happened. We really weren’t being mean, and I’m sorry you saw it that way, we were just saying our opinion on the show.
(And brony=bro + My Little Pony. Basically people over the age of ten who love MLP.)

And I did like the book, probably because I love paradoxs and time travel so much. That’s what happens when you’re raised on Doctor Who XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 22 July 2012 10:56 AM

And being mean would have been not telling you he’s a brony and seeing what happened. We really weren’t being mean, and I’m sorry you saw it that way, we were just saying our opinion on the show.
(And brony=bro + My Little Pony. Basically people over the age of ten who love MLP.)

thats ok. i just felt like stefan(... i forgot his name but there is something to do with stefan in it:P. ) was being mean cuz he said dont assume you know us. but its ok. luckily i dont hold grudges… for a long time… i dont hold life-long grudges. in this case absolutely no grudge. anyway nice way to get to know you guys. bronies raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 22 July 2012 10:56 AM

And I also ” assumed” that “boys” do not like MLP. You don’t have to be mean.

And why is boys in quotation marks?

And I did like the book, probably because I love paradoxs and time travel so much. That’s what happens when you’re raised on Doctor Who XD

i dont know why i put boys in quotations. “i like them” *ouch*- fingers cramping from doing that with my fingersXD

i loved this book too. ive heard of Dr. Who but never watched it, i think. i might have just didnt know that i was XD. i liked this book mostly because his mom was dying XD. ( i like it when people die) and i liked the beginning with his brothers, such a good big bro! and i also liked it cuz the result was least suspected, if he hadnt tried to find the cure he wouldnt need one!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

af-fan - 22 July 2012 04:41 PM

thats ok. i just felt like stefan(... i forgot his name but there is something to do with stefan in it:P. ) was being mean cuz he said dont assume you know us.

You mean she. (Everyone assumes BH is a girl and Steffy is a guy, how does this happen? O.o)  And you did jump to conclusions about BH. She probably meant it more like “don’t assume you know us” beause then you’ll just become confused when you find out we’re not what most people expect.” If you had posted that on the other site about two months ago I would have given you a long lecture because I was going through a tomboy phase (I change phases often, so it might come back around sometime), and thus would have had your head for gender-stereotyping. In any case, I feel like I’ve already said this, but we just don’t tend to follow stereotypes.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

littlems.fowl - 22 July 2012 06:14 PM
af-fan - 22 July 2012 04:41 PM

thats ok. i just felt like stefan(... i forgot his name but there is something to do with stefan in it:P. ) was being mean cuz he said dont assume you know us.

You mean she. (Everyone assumes BH is a girl and Steffy is a guy, how does this happen? O.o)  And you did jump to conclusions about BH. She probably meant it more like “don’t assume you know us” beause then you’ll just become confused when you find out we’re not what most people expect.” If you had posted that on the other site about two months ago I would have given you a long lecture because I was going through a tomboy phase (I change phases often, so it might come back around sometime), and thus would have had your head for gender-stereotyping. In any case, I feel like I’ve already said this, but we just don’t tend to follow stereotypes.

o…k… i understand dont worry. and at first i thought:
BH is a girl, no wait he’s a boy i was wrong, littlemiss.fowl said.
then: stefanlover is a girl, no wait, i was wrong about BH so i MUST be wrong about stefanlover. no wait maybe im wrong about being wrong… lets just put a he and pray raspberry
then: ARRRGH! why am i always wrong?!
all forgiven, if you forgive me that is. so lets just forget it, i dont want to keep the image of my head on a spike for gender-stereotyping too long XD ( I KNOW ITS A METAPHOR! DONT WORRY) sheesh now im going to be worrying about my words for a month at least. -.-

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

Er, I hope you all don’t mind if I start talking about the original topic…
My review of the Time Paradox; I’ll say this now, it definitely was not my favorite book in the series. It seemed to me a bit filler-ish, like unless the every-other-book-has-koboi-as-the-baddie pattern didn’t exist, there really wasn’t much of a point. True, the whole triggering-Artemis’s-interest-in-fairies was introduced, but in the last book it was also mentioned that the Fowl family had been coming back to the fairies for generations. Though, I have to admit, the jokes kept me going, plus the AxH moment in the zoo. X3