Welcome guest, please Login or Register

omg ending of the last guardian voice your opinion

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-07-13

PM

omg the ending i thought it was touching
i was crying and shaking at the end because he was not dead
and i think he should make another one but it could either be a 20 years later like what they r doing all the charecters or i could be another adventure
at the end it is so cool where he does a totally selfless act and at the very begining in book one he did a totally selfish act
i think that shows how he has changed through out the books
who agrees?

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I do agree, he had changed. But the whole selfless thing really began at book 4, when he got his memory back.
He’s not the only one either; Butler was much more emotional, Juliet was more mature, Foaly was more revolved around his wife, and Trouble… don’t even get me started on him; he was a completely different person.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

so sad, so touching, i read it in a single day with my mouth a wide O just like holly’s when she saw mulch riding a troll. i just wish he wouldn’t stop writing. if eoin is reading this: WE LOVE YOU EOIN! why did you ever have to stop. if you have no ideas ask us we do! please dont take arty and he’s fiascos and adventures from us :(. WHO’S WITH ME! XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Capt.H.Short - 13 July 2012 02:48 PM

and i think he should make another one but it could either be a 20 years later like what they r doing all the charecters or i could be another adventure
at the end it is so cool where he does a totally selfless act and at the very begining in book one he did a totally selfish act
who agrees?

i agree with you. just like me! i locked myself in the a room moaning and mopping before i read the end. then i started screaming and jumping and crying all at the same time! XD

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I thought it was a great ending to this epic series. I just wonder why, when Artemis woke up, he didn’t remember everything immediately. Does anyone think it would have been good to have him make some smart comment?
I also think it somewhat leaves other characters hanging. One example is Mulch’s last seen entering the kitchen (I think it is the kitchen), and then we never find out where he goes from there. Either way/anyway, thank you Eoin Colfer for all these years of awesome books, and we all hope to see more in the future!

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

who agrees?

You, sir (or ma’am) , should really add Spoiler Alert in your title or at the start of your post angry
Most people here haven’t read the book yet…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

WhatsHerName - 17 July 2012 09:24 AM

who agrees?

You, sir (or ma’am) , should really add Spoiler Alert in your title or at the start of your post angry
Most people here haven’t read the book yet…

hahaha! well if you havent read it then you really shouldnt be on this page. i mean really, what would they talk about besides the last guardian and how touching it was? XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

i do have one comment though, when artemis died i was sooo sad, yet happy, but more sad for some reason ( i like people to die ). when he was revived, i was angry cuz i felt like it should end with him dying, yet happy because i cant imagine his mismatched eyes either sealed for eternity, or wide open staring a haunting stare. i wasnt sure weather he should’ve died or not! confused!

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

The ending was so touching! I actually expected Holly to be the guardian but it makes more sense if it was Artemis! Arty all the way!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Holly808 - 25 July 2012 10:23 PM

The ending was so touching! I actually expected Holly to be the guardian but it makes more sense if it was Artemis! Arty all the way!

YUP YUP YUP! it-was-so-sad! i was actually crying when he wrote his will. and saying"hes gonna die, YES! hes gonna die NO! hes gonna die, YES! hes gonna die NO!
@leabhar: you are right, he really should have remembered something. but it was nice how the ending was the beginning ( you know how he just repeated the first paragraph of the first book) sooooo emotional!
and some characters just going missing was a biiiig mistake. i cant believe that the last i heard of mulch diggums was him going into the kitchen. well yes it does sound like him, but i’d rather there would be some sort of a goodbye or something. i dunno just not vanishing into the kitchen!

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I also think that Juliet was left hanging. The last direct sighting of her body was when she was chasing the troll and airplane right? Then indirectly she was mentioned at Artemis’s funeral, when it says the Butlers attended.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I love how he said ‘Stay back, you do not know what your dealing with’ as a throwback from the first book that was darling but I seriously cried myself to sleep the night I read it, even if the ending was happy I was just so depressed

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I read that Artemis died and shed a tear. I read the ending and was even more heartbroken because an Artemis without memories at all is worse than Artemis… Dying and staying dead… I read the scene where he died over again and cried a bit more. But when I read that scene and the ending again, I felt better. Maybe he will remember things again.

I was actually wondering if TLG wasn’t going to be as great as I hoped, because of how TAC was. TAC was fun to read, but not really satisfying? The Last Guardian was better than I could have imagined.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Sorry but TAC was boring, to me it lacked Artemis Fowl qualities. But literally I’ve been bawling every night straight since I finished that book because I keep remembering it and being sad. I usually read AF when I’m sad. The fact that I’m sad because of it totally reverses the purpose >_<

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-08-12

PM

I may have enjoyed reading the final installment to the ‘Artemis Fowl’ series, but the ending… to me it seemed too common, like I’ve seen it somewhere before. Totally expected it. You could have done a better job at that, I know you could…

The action and thrill rides, as well as the main story were all extremely riveting, but the one thing about ‘The Last Guardian’ that made me want to turn the rest of the pages was Foaly’s story. It is amazing! He still shows us his determination to rescue his wife, as well as prove to us that he isn’t just a computer geek seated behind a desk. Great add to the story, Eoin!

It is sad that the series came to an end, but we will always remember the adventures of the young criminal mastermind when hearing the name: “Artemis Fowl”

Hope to see, or rather read more of your brilliant work in the future…

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

i finished reading the book on a car journey, and i had to read about half of the last chapter to realise what had actually happened. call me simple-minded all you want, i dont care ‘cos it’s true.