Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Speculations & Expectations

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

any way all: it looks like there is going to be a movie and we cannot prevent it. (unless we go on protest all over the world, which would be weird raspberry) so lets just pray that its good. what worries me most are:
1- it might not be the same, not the same events, and since its a movie i expect more mushy scenes between artemis and holly.
2- im almost sure that the characters in the book will look different then they’re supposed to: imagine a blonde artemis, or one with brown eyes! or a midget butler ( exaggerating i know raspberry) or a skinny foaly (  a bit fat as i remember in book one or two, it was mentioned that he scratched his big hairy belly or something raspberry)
3- THE DUDE PLAYING ARTEMIS BETTER PERFECT HIS VAMPIRE SMILE OR ILL HUNT HIM DOWN!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

you know they should put a poll here weather they should make a movie or not. just a thought

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 20 July 2012 04:06 PM

you know they should put a poll here weather they should make a movie or not. just a thought

O_o The infamous double post! jk, apparently that’s not against the rules here.
Considering they’re already making the movie, a poll won’t do anything. Plus, it would only be a few of us participating. xD
Most fans probably want a movie anyways.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

I just know they’ll make Holly the same age as Artrmis rather than having her be an adult -.- I just know it.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 06:11 PM

I just know they’ll make Holly the same age as Artrmis rather than having her be an adult -.- I just know it.

Haha, probably. I can definitely see that happening.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 20 July 2012 06:14 PM
littlems.fowl - 20 July 2012 06:11 PM

naah i dont know. i think they just miiight keep her 80 years old, just looking tons younger, like aaaaaaaages younger. like it should be
you know what i noticed: me and littlems.fowl finally agreed on something, there shouldnt be an AF movie! its a miracle.!!!!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 20 July 2012 05:32 PM

Considering they’re already making the movie, a poll won’t do anything. Plus, it would only be a few of us participating. xD

i agree, might not make much difference, just thought i’d like to know what everyone is thinking. and i dont think that most fans want a movie, most of the fans dont as i see it

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 20 July 2012 06:22 PM

i agree, might not make much difference, just thought i’d like to know what everyone is thinking. and i dont think that most fans want a movie, most of the fans dont as i see it

Well, if you consider how many people love movies… that’s my reasoning. It’s easy to find people that don’t want a movie if you look on the forums, but with how media-centered society has become, most people are bound to be desirous of a film adaptation. Again, my reasoning.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 20 July 2012 06:40 PM
af-fan - 20 July 2012 06:22 PM

Well, if you consider how many people love movies… that’s my reasoning. It’s easy to find people that don’t want a movie if you look on the forums, but with how media-centered society has become, most people are bound to be desirous of a film adaptation. Again, my reasoning.

good reasoning. raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

David Auteur - 20 July 2012 06:40 PM

af-fan - 21 July 2012 12:19 PM

good reasoning. raspberry

Haha, thank-you. raspberry And, I figure since they’re coming out with a movie, I might as well see it. Might wait till’ rental, so if it ruins my image of the book I don’t have to walk out of the theater. xD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Haha, thank-you. raspberry And, I figure since they’re coming out with a movie, I might as well see it. Might wait till’ rental, so if it ruins my image of the book I don’t have to walk out of the theater. xD

haha. good point. i just might watch it in the theater. so that i could tell my dad: this is not artemis fowl doing that will let my anger out. hope it comes to theaters around my birthday so i could go. if not, ill buy it, if idont like it break it. simple. going to have to buy it with my own money though raspberry. lets see how many lemonade stands im going to have to put up. XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 22 July 2012 04:53 PM

haha. good point. i just might watch it in the theater. so that i could tell my dad: this is not artemis fowl doing that will let my anger out. hope it comes to theaters around my birthday so i could go. if not, ill buy it, if idont like it break it. simple. going to have to buy it with my own money though raspberry. lets see how many lemonade stands im going to have to put up. XD

I’m sorry ma’am do you have a permit for that? raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 02:17 PM
af-fan - 22 July 2012 04:53 PM

I’m sorry ma’am do you have a permit for that? raspberry

hahahahaha! XD XD. ok people here are really funny, i like that. and what i’m really going to do is either have this dialogue with my dad:
me: daddy i need 10 bucks
dad:what for
me: im working on saving the universe
he will be watching the news then so he will just give it to me to make me go away.
orrr…
simply wait till my birthday to get 10 bucks
orrr… get an A+++ in math -.- ( yeah right)
orrrr… look under the couch’s cushions for some money
orrrr… wait until someone lends it to me.
orrrr… wait until my sister realizes that im not going to buy it and buys it herself so she can know what im always talking about.( im always talking about AF raspberry)
obviously, im too lazy to work XD

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

af-fan - 24 July 2012 03:13 PM

hahahahaha! XD XD. ok people here are really funny, i like that. and what i’m really going to do is either have this dialogue with my dad:
me: daddy i need 10 bucks
dad:what for
me: im working on saving the universe
he will be watching the news then so he will just give it to me to make me go away.
orrr…
simply wait till my birthday to get 10 bucks
orrr… get an A+++ in math -.- ( yeah right)
orrrr… look under the couch’s cushions for some money
orrrr… wait until someone lends it to me.
orrrr… wait until my sister realizes that im not going to buy it and buys it herself so she can know what im always talking about.( im always talking about AF raspberry)
obviously, im too lazy to work XD

That’s it. It’s time for Operation DAFFF! raspberry The Deprived Artemis Fowl Fans Fund.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 24 July 2012 03:27 PM

It’s time for Operation DAFFF! raspberry The Deprived Artemis Fowl Fans Fund.

*hint hint* I can’t afford TLG.