Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Hello everyone!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I had no idea there were Eoin Colfer forums. Hmm… I suppose I just never looked hard enough.

Hello, I’m a long-time forum user (simply not of this one… yet!) with many names. I’ve been called Kranata, Tatoranaki, Tat, Tator, Tater-tot, Leo, and dozens more. My “official” alias, however, is David Auteur, which also serves as my penname.

I’ve created and administered websites and forums, I love writing (currently my job), reading (AF is fantastic, I especially like the versions in Ireland due to their extra content [the “about” page for example] and cool covers. I managed to buy a few that were out at the time when I was there. So now I have a European / American collection =P), travelling, photography, history, community service, music, gaming, video & graphics design, culinary, and just arts in general.

Not to mention movies, there’s an especially good one coming out on the 20th I believe…

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

Howdy.
The Speech: So everyone here is crazy, and, if ya a member long enough, you’ll become crazy, too. If you’re already crazy then you’ll become crazzier.
Today has started out well, I’ve already gotten to say The Speech twice XD

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 14 July 2012 01:17 PM

I had no idea there were Eoin Colfer forums. Hmm… I suppose I just never looked hard enough.

Hello, I’m a long-time forum user (simply not of this one… yet!) with many names. I’ve been called Kranata, Tatoranaki, Tat, Tator, Tater-tot, Leo, and dozens more. My “official” alias, however, is David Auteur, which also serves as my penname.

I’ve created and administered websites and forums, I love writing (currently my job), reading (AF is fantastic, I especially like the versions in Ireland due to their extra content [the “about” page for example] and cool covers. I managed to buy a few that were out at the time when I was there. So now I have a European / American collection =P), travelling, photography, history, community service, music, gaming, video & graphics design, culinary, and just arts in general.

Not to mention movies, there’s an especially good one coming out on the 20th I believe…

Yeah, besides EC, there’s also AFC (Artemis Fowl Confidential) and… And… The um… Blue site… Oh! Artemis Fowl Fangathering! I knew their name was longer!

O.o It looks like you have a bunch of hobbies. D= Where would you find all the time…?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

15bubbles - 15 July 2012 05:07 AM

there’s also AFC (Artemis Fowl Confidential)

Don’t tell him about that!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 15 July 2012 05:43 AM

there’s also AFC (Artemis Fowl Confidential)

Don’t tell him about that!

Haha, right. Don’t want to tell me about that. wink xD

littlems.fowl - 14 July 2012 05:02 PM

Howdy.
The Speech: So everyone here is crazy, and, if ya a member long enough, you’ll become crazy, too. If you’re already crazy then you’ll become crazzier.
Today has started out well, I’ve already gotten to say The Speech twice XD

Actually, fun fact, I’m immune to craziness. raspberry

David Auteur - 14 July 2012 01:17 PM

Yeah, besides EC, there’s also AFC (Artemis Fowl Confidential) and… And… The um… Blue site… Oh! Artemis Fowl Fangathering! I knew their name was longer!

O.o It looks like you have a bunch of hobbies. D= Where would you find all the time…?

Cool, thanks for the heads up.
I do have a bunch of hobbies, much of them aren’t very time consuming though.

Travelling: Usually on vacation anyways.
Photography: Spur of the moment, quickly upload, alter, blog.
History: Included in schooling, and easy to find with Wikipedia and whatnot.
Community Service: Time consuming, albeit worth it.
Music: I orchestrate music for my other interests, as well as academic projects.
Gaming: A quick game here and there. Some games like Zelda take a bit longer, but I can fit it in when I’m relaxing after working on different things.
Video and Graphics Design: Coincides with other interests as well, I recently made a teaser video for my novel in about a half hour. I’ve taught myself what I need to know, and I’ve gotten very efficient.
Culinary: A guy has got eat, right? Why not make my own food? Plus, I can think of book ideas, etc. while doing so.
Movies: They can be inspirational for writing, music, etc. So I have an excuse to attend them. smile

Oh, I also like trying various foods (some of the most notably “out there” : French escargot (both nearly raw [Normandy, France] and cooked [Midwest United States], Chinese Pork Stomach, etc.) , biking, blogging, running, soccer, foreign language (French, in particular), culture, worldview studies… the list goes on and on. =P

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 15 July 2012 09:18 PM

Don’t speak so soon.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 15 July 2012 09:29 PM
David Auteur - 15 July 2012 09:18 PM

Don’t speak so soon.

I’ve been through more than you could ever imagine… dun dun dun!
After all the fan forums I’ve joined, managed, etc. this won’t be nearly so craze-inducing. raspberry

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 15 July 2012 09:31 PM

After all the fan forums I’ve joined, managed, etc. this won’t be nearly so craze-inducing. raspberry

I belive you’re getting “crazy” and “stressful” mixed up.
And I don’t have to imagine. And I think tht you must not know much about me to assume so.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 15 July 2012 09:35 PM
David Auteur - 15 July 2012 09:31 PM

I belive you’re getting “crazy” and “stressful” mixed up.
And I don’t have to imagine. And I think tht you must not know much about me to assume so.

Quite right, I don’t really know anyone here as of yet. Nor are you inclined to imagine, for I am simply inferring through the medium of comedic vernacular, the surpassing of particular limits in terms of possible mental conceptions in relation to personal experiences. An example of my formal writing.

Stress may lead to mental exertions which in turn give way to craziness. However, I iz immune. raspberry Why? Because I’m already crazy. xD jk At one school I attended, I was voted “the most eccentric” by half my class (a principal also deemed me “the enigma,” because he couldn’t figure me out. My parents laughed, my classmates, I suppose, were confused). Though for the strangest reasons: I was “mannerly” and ate abnormal lunches (outside the realm of PB&J’s). The other half of the class agreed that it was… an odd support for voting.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

David Auteur - 15 July 2012 09:45 PM

Nor are you inclined to imagine, for I am simply inferring through the medium of comedic vernacular, the surpassing of particular limits in terms of possible mental conceptions in relation to personal experiences.

My father is a bipolar alcoholic. My sister is slightly bipolar. Up until about a year ago I lived with both of them. I know crazy, bro.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

littlems.fowl - 15 July 2012 09:52 PM
David Auteur - 15 July 2012 09:45 PM

Nor are you inclined to imagine, for I am simply inferring through the medium of comedic vernacular, the surpassing of particular limits in terms of possible mental conceptions in relation to personal experiences.

My father is a bipolar alcoholic. My sister is slightly bipolar. Up until about a year ago I lived with both of them. I know crazy, bro.

I’m by no means assuming you can’t imagine craziness. Just stating you didn’t have to… which doesn’t really make sense, but considering I was joking, I didn’t intend to make sense. I also meant to humorously state that it was impossible to know someone’s precise experiences without being them, which is irrelevant since one may relate to them.

I’m sorry for what you’ve had to go through.

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

*Me swoops in to break the tension that seems to have popped up in this topic*

So hi, I’m BiscuitHappyz, and I couldn’t help but notice that you all seem to think that crazy is something binary; either something is crazy or it isn’t. I personally believe crazy is an attribute that can be infinitely increased and finitely decreased, among many types of crazy; ridiculous crazy, hilarious crazy, insane crazy, Pinkie Pie crazy, etc. But that’s just my own artistic view. XD

So anyway, on a separate note, welcome to the shiny new forum, enjoy yerself!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

BiscuitHappyz - 16 July 2012 02:37 AM

So hi, I’m BiscuitHappyz, and I couldn’t help but notice that you all seem to think that crazy is something binary; either something is crazy or it isn’t. I personally believe crazy is an attribute that can be infinitely increased and finitely decreased, among many types of crazy; ridiculous crazy, hilarious crazy, insane crazy, Pinkie Pie crazy, etc. But that’s just my own artistic view. XD

I know that! I know everything about crazy! Whehahgwksgakshakshakhahahak! And “Pinkie crazy”? Are we talking in-show crazy or fan-fic crazy? Because one is more terrifying than the other….

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

littlems.fowl - 16 July 2012 02:44 AM

I know that! I know everything about crazy! Whehahgwksgakshakshakhahahak! And “Pinkie crazy”? Are we talking in-show crazy or fan-fic crazy? Because one is more terrifying than the other….

I would prefer not to think of anything as Pinkie fanfic crazy.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

BiscuitHappyz - 16 July 2012 02:46 AM

I would prefer not to think of anything as Pinkie fanfic crazy.

Fanfic Pinkie is Pinkie fanfic crazy. She has a moment in my MLP fan fic where she goes a bit fanfic Pinkie crazy. It’s fun. Not as fun as Raricord, though, but not much is.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

BiscuitHappyz - 16 July 2012 02:37 AM

*Me swoops in to break the tension that seems to have popped up in this topic*

So anyway, on a separate note, welcome to the shiny new forum, enjoy yerself!

Tension? What tension? *emerges from cave with white hair and no money* No tension here (kudos if you get the reference).

Thanks… might I ask the story behind pinkie pie crazy? Or do I even want to know? o_O