Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Designing a House for Eoin Colfer

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

I’m an architecture student assigned to design a house for my favorite writer. I chose Eoin Colfer, and I’m looking for ideas and inspiration! What do you think his dream house would look like, what rooms would he need, any help is appreciated!

Rank

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

Hi Ashley,

Sounds like an interesting project. I believe Eoin’s brother who is a talented architect has already designed Eoin’s house.

It depends if the project requires you to design a realistic house for your chosen author or if it’s a “fantasy” project in which the house is based on the author’s books and characters.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

This house is suppose to be realistic, accommodating his children, and wife, and a space for him to write! I am designing the house based on the way he writes, and the kind of space he prefers to write in. Any ideas are appreciated!

RankRank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-07-06

PM

So there can’t be any flare chutes? Might be good for building a hot tub over. raspberry

Rank

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

ashleyyybock - 10 April 2013 03:24 PM

This house is suppose to be realistic, accommodating his children, and wife, and a space for him to write! I am designing the house based on the way he writes, and the kind of space he prefers to write in. Any ideas are appreciated!

Well here’s a few ideas in no particular order and just to be clear these are just my opinions/ideas/musings - don’t take them as anything else!!!

- Light and airy space throughout house.
- Natural materials, exposed wood and brick.
- Large bright writing area, floor to ceiling glass on one wall for natural light.
- Lots of bookshelves for research material, again possibly devote an entire wall to bookshelves.
- A games room for Eoin and the boys. Snooker, table soccer, PS3 Xbox etc. Possibly with home cinema.

Hope that helps.